Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether we'll give him some pre-season games, though, before making a decision. We've got quite a bit of flexibility with what we do in that position. We can make money by selling him, save money by keeping him, or do both with a sale and a loan.
The thing is it will be quite a short break, so letting him play A few pre seasons games. Will take us up to nearly the start of next season. So we are leaving it late to get someone in and get them used to the system and their team mates.

surely thats the whole point of a loan, to watch him and judge him, if he’s good enough on his performances.

I wonder whether we'll give him some pre-season games, though, before making a decision. We've got quite a bit of flexibility with what we do in that position. We can make money by selling him, save money by keeping him, or do both with a sale and a loan.

...I wouldn’t be surprised if Kenny has made it clear that he prefers a move, or indeed a transfer has already been lined up.

Makes sense. He’s a sellable asset and as an academy product he’s pure profit. I also don’t think he’s good enough but that’s personal opinion.
Selling Kenny and Bernard might give us some financial flexibility. I like both, but ultimately neither are good enough.

In Bernard‘s case he not only provides profit, but frees up significant wages as well.

Selling Kenny and Bernard might give us some financial flexibility. I like both, but ultimately neither are good enough.

In Bernard‘s case he not only provides profit, but frees up significant wages as well.
Yep and I think there will be takers for Bernard. He’s a talented footballer and in his first season he looked good if somewhat a little lightweight. His form since the restart has been awful but I’m sure we, and him would put that down to the unplanned break should any buying club question it. You could then bring in someone like a Ryan Fraser on a free and a much lower wage and probably get a better return in assists and goals - hypothetically speaking. That’s the sort of business I expect us to do to improve the squad.

Yep and I think there will be takers for Bernard. He’s a talented footballer and in his first season he looked good if somewhat a little lightweight. His form since the restart has been awful but I’m sure we, and him would put that down to the unplanned break should any buying club question it. You could then bring in someone like a Ryan Fraser on a free and a much lower wage and probably get a better return in assists and goals - hypothetically speaking. That’s the sort of business I expect us to do to improve the squad.
Not Fraser again. Apparently Everton have said we aren’t interested. And he’s on a free like Bernard was. So he wants big wages as well and a signing on fee, probably a 4/5 year deal. Taking him to 31. Let’s hope we are nowhere near him.

he’s bang average

I did say raiding, plucking one talent here and there is fine. But if you collect 5/6 like some have suggested then you're going to be in trouble.

Oh I wouldn’t want all 6, but when you look at the likes of Robertson and the like there’s talent across all the league, just need the right ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back