Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM is clearly a priority, but there isn’t infinite finance.
I think they will wait and see on Gbamin until quite late and if they have to do something it may be a loan. He’s got several years on his contract and is here for the foreseeable future. It will also depend on who we can shift. With Sigurdsson, Davis, Delph and Baningime at CM all potentially surplus there is a lot to do.
Personally I would prefer fewer transfers and focus on quality. If it means we have to make do in some positions for a season, then so be it.
In Unicorn Land we would sign about seven top quality first team players, but it’s not going to happen. Brands is on record that it’s a limited window, with funds further squeezed by the problems COVID has caused.

If we can get Gabriel in and Keane out, somehow make some coin & save on wages, I’d want 2 CMs all day.

But this isn’t Football manager, and half of you would think it’s madness to sell Keane whilst he’s playing in a role that doesn’t highlight his deficiencies.

We need a CM, a RB (unless JJK can fill the void) & a RW.

It would be nice to have another CM, LW, CF & CB.

It would also be nice to shift about 7 players.

I’ll be ok if we only get a CM and a RW & shift a few of the dross though.

If we can get Gabriel in and Keane out, somehow make some coin & save on wages, I’d want 2 CMs all day.

But this isn’t Football manager, and half of you would think it’s madness to sell Keane whilst he’s playing in a role that doesn’t highlight his deficiencies.

The key to it all will be moving players on. I think that COVID will place real limitations on finances across the whole football world.
There will probably be a lot more loans, and there should be some real bargains with some clubs needing to sell.
Our problem is the quantity of players we need to move on. We have accumulated an enormous squad with far too many poor / average players.
One area we seem to be seem to be getting a bit more ruthless with is moving on the U23 players. It looks like we’re even managing to sell some.

I cannot understand how people cannot see that Keane is a CA favourite and will not be sold.

Looking at it, Mina does seem to be the one we could give up to generate cash.

You could easily see an upwardly mobile Spanish side like Villarreal or Valencia taking him.

We will have to be very creative all round this summer.

43 goals scored this season with one game to go says we have a big problem.
I think it all comes back to a non existent midfield. A midfield that hasn't scored or created chances for others.
I do believe however that we will never be a free scoring team under CA. He is a manager that appreciates good defending every bit as much as good attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back