Pickford

Patterson
-- Tarkowski -- Branthwaite -- Mykolenko

Garner
------------ Onana

Harrison
---------- Doucoure ----------- McNeil

DCL

Very similar to the team that beat them 1-5 last time we played. Just like that day - we know we'll be without the ball for extended periods so it's all about keeping our shape & taking full advantage on the break.

It will be a tough game but we are going into it off the back of a couple of wins, with two clean sheets and four goals scored, so should be full of confidence. Going to stay confident myself and predict an Everton win.
We are going into this with 5 wins out of our last 7 in all comps, all against premier league opposition. Technically we are a form team.

we’re so loved

IMG_1138.webp

I worry about preparation time for this game.

They had a week and we've had 2 days.

The subs and use of them will have to be spot on by Dyche, and I don't have much faith in that.

Brighton looking for revenge over that spanking they took as well.

I'd take a draw right now in a heartbeat.

My XI...

Pickford

Patterson -- Tarkowski -- Branthwaite -- Mykolenko

Garner
------------ Onana

Harrison
---------- Doucoure ----------- McNeil

DCL

Very similar to the team that beat them 1-5 last time we played. Just like that day - we know we'll be without the ball for extended periods so it's all about keeping our shape & taking full advantage on the break.

…I’d be very surprised if Patterson starts. It’s clear to me that Young is ahead of him in the queue and Patterson will be leapfrogged soon by Coleman.

The subs and use of them will have to be spot on by Dyche, and I don't have much faith in that.

Not sure if it was you, but many people were saying we needed to be full strength against Burnley and I didn't feel that was the case.

Burnley sent out their reserves and we definitely could have rested an additional 2-3 players alongside Doucoure and Patterson.

That said, these are all young and ultra fit lads and they've had 2.5 days rest, should be ok. I expect the points here tbh - we're in form, only Seamus out and playing a team out of form with key injuries.

I know our home form is crap but that's no excuse at all. Anything less than 3 points and it'll be a major disappointment for me.

4 points from next 2 games would be an excellent return going into the next break. But I agree, this is going to be a stern test tomorrow and anyone thinking we'll suddenly be taking teams apart because we've finally become less shambolic will need to have a rethink.

A point would be a good point here imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back