Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, if I turn up late every week, we'll win the league.

Serious though, boss performance. Love it when we're at it like that.

Singing Steven Naismith to 500 miles too >>

Screenshot_2015-09-12-17-25-17.webp

Very unhappy Shedenders all around and I enjoyed this.....

post_offline.png
bluegraham
Posted Today, 01:31 PM
bluegraham

An Untouchable

• photo-2268.jpg
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
Worse thing about this is we have to listen to Martinez the knob
  • AlwaysRight likes this

Great performance and result. Naismith has his faults, and many of them, but the one thing he is good at and reliable is sticking the ball in the net. Two poacher goals today and one superb goal with his weak foot.

First goal from outside the box for him? for us at least?

The Chelsea game has been pivotal in last 2 seasons.

When we won 1-0 (with Naisy scoring co-incidentally), the players grew in confidence in themselves and the manager which became the springboard for a record PL points total.

Last season, we got hammered despite scoring 3 goals and the whole team lacked zip and confidence, ending in 11th place.

Today's result and the performance along with it was even better than 2 years ago.

The team were brilliant to a man. They stifled the champions so much that Howard was a bystander. Their goal was a fluke. Any defence would be happy to see the opposition hitting it from 30 yds. Unfortunately for us, it was a perfect strike and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it but tip your hat and admit it was a good goal.

You could go through the whole team and have something good to say about them but special applause has to go to Naismith the albino Messi.
Stones was imperious, Barry and McCarthy were imposing and Ross Barkley had the most mature game I've seen him play in an Everton shirt so far.

City have the league sewn up already I think but the rest of the places are up for grabs.

Let's hope history repeats itself and we go on to have an epic season to convince everyone that we were right to recruit and keep the players we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back