Everton v Chelsea. 14th Sep @ 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic last two paragraphs Azul, I think we do need to use this as a springboard, and I hope we destroy them!

Coyb's

(prob's a sneaky and optimistic 1-0)

oh and 2-1 to them. We score early. Lampard equalisers or scores the winner...or he scores both. Chelski are our bogey team (along with Norwich and the RS)

Sin miedo, Everton. Get the **** into them.

COYB.

I'll have screechy scouse girls in my dreams tonight. All because of you, azul.

You're like a Walter White to my Jesse sometimes.

They do have a bulb element to some of their fans but that’s par for the course about football in these times. If ever a club had a white van man following though it’s Chelsea. If the camera scans the crowd for any amount of time you’ve got not very bright and hostile middle aged men with replica tops hugging their midriff a little too tight, shouting invariably at someone or some thing. Faded St George tattoos inked into their forearms and sh*te stonewashed jeans. I do feel for them trying to interact all things Chelsea online as their internet support seems exclusively to be borderline psychopaths from the likes of Ghana and Equatorial Guinea. DAT RAMIREZ BE A RUDEBOY. DEM SPURZ ARE JOKER. As least they speak like the local youth around those parts.

bloody excellent

we got this. its a winner. after this game we'll be annoyingly referred to as dark horses all season long.

drew all our games so we are due a win.
football half the time isn't even about who is better, it is about who is due a win.

Hands down the best writeup for a match thread I've read on any forum. If you do this for every match it's a credit.

Oscar and Hazard picked up minor knocks during the internationals. Hazard seems fine now but Oscar probably won't feature. It's hard to predict what Mourinho will do but I'm going to guess he'll send out new signings Willian and Eto'o to see what they can do, and I think Mata will be back in for Oscar.

He might start Torres and De Bruyne for Eto'o and Willian if he intends to use them as subs this early, with Torres being quite unlikely since he doesn't seem to rate him at all. Lampard shouldn't really start but he probably will, I'd go with Van Ginkel myself. Cole may also be rested because of internationals for Bertrand. We have a CL tie three days after this so it's anyone's guess how players are feeling and how much he decides to rotate.

As far as gameplay goes, Mourinho has us working pretty much exactly like we were the last time (only not as physically dominant in midfield). We'll come out of the traps fast, press you hard and try to score early. Then kill the game. If you concede early I think it'll be very tough for you, because we'll just slow everything down and sucker punch you with counters for the rest of the game. Away from home at a tough ground I can only see him going for the quick and efficient over the exciting.

Pal, you should log in every week to read Chico's previews. They are a treat, to be sure.

Great to read something thoughtful and interesting from an opposition fan - I'm intrigued about your thinking with regard to Mata getting selected for this match, and the idea that Lampard shouldn't play. Stick around for the matchday thread, it would be great to hear your thoughts during the game itself.

PS your written English is very good - how long was your course at the University of Moscow? :P

Fat Frank usually has a stinker against us and scores a great goal - that was under DM -RM has to be posityive and Chelski will not play ten men behind the ball like the the last 3 games so it is up to us to attack them!

This Chelsea side has so much quality all over the pitch. I reckon we're going to get beat, but I hope we give it a good go

[Poor language removed] this we need a win big time so I'll go 1-0 with Lukaku's good mate Kevin Mirallas scoring the goal.

P.s good read chico, felt you went easy on the away support this week though (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back