Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually relieved to go in at HT level. They should've been 2 up with the chances they had.
I suspect your view of the first half had been somewhat affected by their miss just before HT. Fact is we'd already missed 3 great chances before then. Taking your apparent view that chances = goals then we should have been 3-2 up!

As a team we weren't good enough today, you can't just talk about Lukaku. There were lots of other factors.
Terrible defending and terrible goalkeeping errors, and for 29 mil Lukaku cant hit a barn door! Team looks unmotivated, buck stops with manager, least we got a point to help with our relegation fight! Imagine if we had lost!

We could also have been 3 up.
I think they had the clearer chances though Steve,and I have to correct myself it was three chances in the first half,from my position in the Main Stand it looked like they missed a virtual open goal at the beginning of the second half.(must have been the fourth I was thinking of!!)

I saw a lot of players with low energy from early on.

We played in the EL a few days before away from home on a terrible pitch for conserving energy.

The 'good' news is we wont have that to worry about next season so I expect the tempo to be much higher each week.
Energy was not something which worried me today we finished very strongly.
We were set up to bore them with our slow football which by the way every team knows how to handle hence we can't win football matches.
I don't think it is good news not being in europe i want that every season

I think the defence is scared when Robles play, and they know that if they allow 5 shots 2 go in. This is why they play very composed and organized defensively, and Robles makes the saves he needs to. With Howard, even if we only allow 3 shots, 3 go in.

Energy was not something which worried me today we finished very strongly.
We were set up to bore them with our slow football which by the way every team knows how to handle hence we can't win football matches.
I don't think it is good news not being in europe i want that every season
No, they set up to bore Everton. We had two options: retain the ball and wait for a chance to happen (we got them in the first half and didn't take either of them) or keep booting the ball long into their half (where they had 5 in defence waiting for it).

We did what we had to do but just didn't clinically put them away or take them out of their comfort zone.

3 wins and 2 draws from 12 games sees safety. Playing [Poor language removed] but hard to see relegation being a real threat
For me it's not so much that relegation is still a possibility, but the worry that we could once again see ourselves going into the last 4 or 5 games still with the threat of relegation. Not pleasant.

we need 12 points from the following games

away to arsenal - 0
away to stoke - 0
home to newcastle - 1
away to QPR - 1
home to southampton - 0
away to swansea - 0
home to burnley - 3
home to man utd - 0
away to aston villa - 1
home to sunderland - 3
away to west ham - 0
home to spurs - 0

i can only see us getting 9 at best

we are getting relegated face the facts
9 will be enough though -- my worry is where we're going to get 9 from!

No, they set up to bore Everton. We had two options: retain the ball and wait for a chance to happen (we got them in the first half and didn't take either of them) or keep booting the ball long into their half (where they had 5 in defence waiting for it).

We did what we had to do but just didn't clinically put them away or take them out of their comfort zone.
We did what we always do and they were expecting it.
We had a few chances 1st half as did they.
At the end of the day they are bottom of the league and we needed a result and performance to banish any relegation fears and get the fans back onside but yet again martinez had us playing sleepy tappy football waiting for mistakes to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back