Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A point would have put us above the RS for a week, but as usual EFC fail to go through an open door. Why can't we seize an opportunity for once?
Because, end of the day, where we are in relation to the neighbours shouldn't really matter at this point either way.

'United are crap though'

Look, I'm disappointed in the team tonight, but this is just nonsense. They've easily been a top 5/6 level side this season.. beaten Arsenal & Liverpool for starters. There's no shame in losing to them.. I'm just peeved that we were nowhere near their level tonight given our recent form.

Still TONS of work to do, evidently.

Top 5/6 side so far this season? How?

Our front 3 are proper crap mate.

Gray, Gordon and maupay offer nothing in attack, no out ball, no presence and because of it our team is under pressure constantly and can’t retain possession.

Massive changes have been made to the defence and midfield which have made us hard to beat and provide a great base to build from.

But make no mistake, none of those front 3 should be starting for us if we ever was to be challenging for European places

Top 5/6 side so far this season? How?

Our front 3 are proper crap mate.

Gray, Gordon and maupay offer nothing in attack, no out ball, no presence and because of it our team is under pressure constantly and can’t retain possession.

Massive changes have been made to the defence and midfield which have made us hard to beat and provide a great base to build from.

But make no mistake, none of those front 3 should be starting for us if we ever was to be challenging for European places
?

Think you've misread. I was saying that United are the top 5 team..

Gana and Iwobi did two massive mistakes that Man united took advantage of and scored two goals, this could not have happened by our greatest players but it doesn't happen every game.

That result in thr grand scheme of things is about right, firstly united have players who if you let them play they hurt you and they did, today not one player in blue can say they did anything well over the 90, we get a goal up and then instead of keeping with momentum we just sit off. United have players in the middle who can move the ball about but if we kept with the pressure I think we would of been ok but it felt like the l reality of where we are kicked in. Just try and get a point from these 2 aways and then touch wood beay palace, it won’t be pretty this season but I still think mid table is where we are given the crap we’ve had to fix up.

United have a great midfield and attack, not so great back line, so we sit back and not even challenge them till DCL comes on. Lampards hesitancy to make changes till late really grates on me.

United have a great midfield and attack, not so great back line, so we sit back and not even challenge them till Dominic Calvert-Lewin comes on. Lampards hesitancy to make changes till late really grates on me.
i think that lampard made the right changes in the right time. he can not play with 4 forwards for more than 10 minutes otherwise we will concede goals from counter-attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.