Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's to comprehend?

We've improved on last season but we're still not that good

This season is about consolidating our place in the league ahead of more squad adjustment in the summer

We're in for a potentially arduous 2-3 years I think until we get where we want to be

14th this season is about par for the course
Bar Pickford and Iwobi, we have bought a whole new team in the last 12months.

I dont see why we should expect 14th, personally.

We were our own worst enemy tonight. Constantly giving the ball away. Both their goals game from us needlessly loosing possession. Many more times as well. One of the first things I was taught as a kid was don't wait for the ball to come to you, you've got to move to the ball. We stood and watched at times when the ball was played to one of us. It's basics. If you don't get the basics right you're asking for trouble.

i think that lampard made the right changes in the right time. he can not play with 4 forwards for more than 10 minutes otherwise we will concede goals from counter-attacks.
He didn’t make any changes until after the hour make with two players, at least, having very poor games, couldn’t he see what most of us could see, it’s said constant failing by the manager.

Bar Pickford and Iwobi, we have bought a whole new team in the last 12months.

I dont see why we should expect 14th, personally.

I think today should be a wake up call for a lot of folks

We’re still way off where we want to be and it’s going to take time

Focus on getting to 40 points and if we manage that then we can talk about higher finishes

We barely survived last season and Rome wasn’t built in a day

Focus on getting to 40 points and if we manage that then we can talk about higher finishes

Correct

But that doesn't mean we should be ok with losing at home to a mediocre united team. We should be very annoyed and demand a reaction.

We have bought a whole new team, we all know its not perfect, but after 2 wins on the bounce im not going to start panicking about getting beat at home by Man utd, no not a Utd of old, but they were good value for the 3 points today.

Dissapointing display, thought we looked very flat and lacking energy barring first five minutes and last five,we've got to suck it this season though these displays, there'll be better days ahead undoubtedly,Garner had a very decent cameo,iwobi good again, Onana ok,Coady /Tarkowski/Pickford likewise,the rest?meh!!

Dissapointing display, thought we looked very flat and lacking energy barring first five minutes and last five,we've got to suck it this season though these displays, there'll be better days ahead undoubtedly,Garner had a very decent cameo,iwobi good again, Onana ok,Coady /Tarkowski/Pickford likewise,the rest?meh!!
United played on Thursday away from home.

How did we not have the energy to deal with them?

Appalling if so.

The real issue was that we have players in dangerous situations trying to play football when they are technically incapable of doing so.

I do hope that isn't Lampard telling them they can play. Ludicrous if so. We played ok so far this season precisely because we had players not arseing about in the danger zones.

I didn't watch, but of the 'top 6' teams, surely Man United is the best chance of picking up 3 points.

From the highlights the mistakes cost us, so this is the type of game it seems to me to play three at the back (especially if you want to play Coleman), and sit either Onana (and play 3-4-3), or one of Gordon or Gray (and play 5-3-2).

United played on Thursday away from home.

How did we not have the energy to deal with them?

Appalling if so.

The real issue was that we have players in dangerous situations trying to play football when they are technically incapable of doing so.

I do hope that isn't Lampard telling them they can play. Ludicrous if so. We played ok so far this season precisely because we had players not arseing about in the danger zones.
We’ve played out the back in most games tbf, United were just a lot smarter to press than Southampton, West Ham etc

Hopefully it’s the kind of game they can learn a lot from. It’s not gonna be a straight line in terms of progress so I’m not overly upset. Onto the next game

Status
Not open for further replies.