Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Utd are crap. They’re a team low on confidence with too many prima donnas. If you go after them like Brentford did, they fall apart. We had the perfect chance to do what Brentford did when we went 1-0 up, but instead we back pedalled. It was our own fault we lost!
Let's see ,maguire, Fred and that young Tommy lad played in that game. Alot easier to get on and pressure those lads

We never looked like it for 80 minutes, only good for the first and last five. Giving the motm to Tarkowski hands down, barely put a foot wrong but the rest of our team did that plenty.

Stick Garner in the startup next time and he will show it, Gana has been immense but stunk the place out. Love the long legs of Amadou Onana, long may they reign!

Still think the garner for gueye sub should have happened at ht, just wasn't at the races today.

Could say that about a few though

Also think McNeil for gray should've been the change early.

Changes far too late but Gray is way more of a threat than Gordon which is why its Gordon who gets hooked time after time mate.

Gray is infuriating, Gordon in the main is anonymous for far too long in spells

Earlier subs and we get a result but I definitely think DCL must have only been good for 20 minutes max and they're taking it slowly with him.

A fit DCL and we'll win more than we lose imo

If we don’t start learning how to keep the ball we are never going to improve

Heard that Man Utd has the most passes that they have recorded this season. Why am I not suprised. We sat back like statues and let them play.
Just come off a hiding.. concede an early goal.. utds confidence could have been shot and off we go.. but rather we let them get into a rhythm and build their belief… we really need to learn ! I don’t know why it’s so hard

Also i dont think United looked as awesome as some of you thought them to be. Bang average but they were clinical when punishing us for our failures. We need to stop making mistakes like this. Iwobi and Gana prime culprites, like so many before them.

Bad day at the office by almost everyone, mistake after mistake, misplaced pass after misplaced pass.. United aren't that good and made mistakes themselves but we seemed to give them too much respect. With 20 to go Lampard should have put both DCL and Rondon up front, then constantly lob the ball into their area as we did for the last 5 mins. or so. Iwobi was my MOTM simply because of his goal and he didn't stop running. Mykolenko had a solid enough game and did okish against Anthony. Felt it was a missed opportunity and we went hell for leather too late.

I disagree. Utd are crap. They’re a team low on confidence with too many prima donnas. If you go after them like Brentford did, they fall apart. We had the perfect chance to do what Brentford did when we went 1-0 up, but instead we back pedalled. It was our own fault we lost!

100% this. We sat far too deep and allowed good footballers time and space instead of getting right after them and putting it on them and they wouldn't have liked it. I'm actually fuming with it

Annoying that. Just so flat and lazy on our part. They weren’t even that good, just fed off our mistake.

Suppose we’re in transition and this’ll happen but still very annoying. Go again against whoever’s next.

Whoever next is spurs away, need to be massively better mate

Agree we started lazy went one nil up anyway and never broke out that mindset, 70% possession United first half was criminal given we never really countered

Should of and could on won this game by 3 or 4 goals. Soon as we scored we should of went for the kill, they would of bottled it like they also do under pressure. But no we sat back go deeper and deeper and aloud them to play and get confidence. Shame really, and that mistake for there first just deflated the whole team.

'United are crap though'

Look, I'm disappointed in the team tonight, but this is just nonsense. They've easily been a top 5/6 level side this season.. beaten Arsenal & Liverpool for starters. There's no shame in losing to them.. I'm just peeved that we were nowhere near their level tonight given our recent form.

Still TONS of work to do, evidently.

Status
Not open for further replies.