Match Thread Everton v Manchester United : Sun 4 Dec : KO 1600

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Non-biased player ratings.

Stekelenburg - 3/10 - Unforgivable mistake, just not good enough.
Coleman - 4/10 - Looks a shadow of his old self. Was quietly happy he was forced off.
Williams - 7/10 - Didn't look troubled all game.
Mori - 5/10 - Very rash decision making I felt. Didn't make any huge errors, just poor passing in general.
Baines - 6/10 - Doesn't attack like he used to, but he wasn't troubled much in defence and cool with the penalty.
Barry - 5/10 - Looked leggy, poor distribution, could have been sent off with loads of niggly fouls.
Gueye - 9/10 - As usual man of the match, dominated Pogba first half, won the penalty, what else can you ask for? He's brilliant.
Mirallas - 6/10 - Little impact on the game, as usual, but despite that more influential than Barkley.
Cleverley 4/10 - Horrific showing all in all, despite a largely positive first 10/15 minutes.
Bolasie - 5/10 - Did a few decent crosses in the first half, but by and large - as is always the case - so much lacking in real quality it's scary.
Lukaku - 5/10 - No service and no individual moments of inspiration.

--
Valencia - 8/10 - Thought he made a real difference and with the state of our players this season I think even that is enough for him to start v Watford.
Holgate - 7/10 - Looked strong and I'd rather he starts right back than Seamus who flatters to deceive so much nowadays.
Deulofeu - 5/10 - No impact, as per.

60th minute onwards - our best in ages.

De Gea kept them in it. We weren't great but that speaks for itself.

Their goal - from a stupid mistake. Other than that they created one other clear chance when Herrera hit the bar. Those are the facts.

We actually looked up for it for once and Enner Valencia should be starting next week.

He came in, pressed united back and opened up the space. Kev also, was excellent in that second-half and a special mention to Williams and Holgate.

I don't care if Deulofeu never plays for us again though.

Disagree with this. Thought he did well, light years ahead of Bolasie. Would have been a different story if Rojo had got what he deserved.

Also massive credit to Gana, had Pogba in his back pocket - same with Holgate and Rashford.

I would count this as a terrible home game. On their midden it would be considered a good, scrappy point, but we were absolutely awful. A better team woild have murdered us!

United had two shots on target.

Their goal (purely down to Stek) and one that roled through to him. They hit the post.

We had, IIRC, 8 attempts on target and about 15 overall.

We actually restricted them very well. They had enough quality on that pitch to do a lot more.

Valencia for me feels like hes done more in the few mins last game and this game than what Lukaku has done in 3-4 games etc,for me when Lukaku isnt getting the service he wants,he should run arouind wanting the ball,fighting etc,he did it for a min late on in 2nd half etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back