Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
They deserved it.

What they didn't deserve, however, was the complete apathy from the first whistle from the crowd, who I'm increasingly beginning to think are a disgrace.

I'm in the Park End every home game and the atmosphere is toxic for no apparent reason. I understood it under Martinez, but I was gobsmacked at the Boro game - utterly terrible atmosphere after our best start to a season in decades.

I'm really not one for blaming the fans, but they need to get a grip.
Its just sheer entitlement

See it on here aswell
Utterly embaressing BAWK behaviour

Thats what you deserve for clapping Naismiths goal.

It was a chance for the likes of Lennon, Deulofeu and even Cleverley to show they can start games for EFC and all three showed nothing. No matter how bad Mirallas & Bolasie play, the other two still dont stand a chance. Barry & Gana > Cleverley.

Not overly bothered. Norwich are a quality outfit who were unlucky to be knocked out of this comp last year by us.
Our dewigertonisation process will take a while. Yes, the transfer window was underwhelming and we cannot keep carrying so many dead-wood players (and borrowing West Ham's cast-offs)

The major take-away for me this morning? Despite our lofty PL position, we're still prone to egregious 'Everton that' episodes. And I cannot see much immediate amelioration to this 'Jekyll and Hyde-ness'.

The fickleness of the GP crowd is also a bit of a concern.

They deserved it.

What they didn't deserve, however, was the complete apathy from the first whistle from the crowd, who I'm increasingly beginning to think are a disgrace.

I'm in the Park End every home game and the atmosphere is toxic for no apparent reason. I understood it under Martinez, but I was gobsmacked at the Boro game - utterly terrible atmosphere after our best start to a season in decades.

I'm really not one for blaming the fans, but they need to get a grip.

What is up with them? Wonder if this is the norm at most grounds

Ron has now watched cleverly in a full competitive match for the first time. Based on that it should be the last

But the big disappointment for me tonight was Barkley. Second guesses everything. So slow to decide. And when he does decide it's too late or the wrong decision.

He's in danger of falling by the wayside

My non-biased ratings:

Stekelenberg - 7/10 - Didn't have anything to do and could do nothing for the goals.
Coleman - 4/10 - Very poor, would have preferred Holgate at RB and to rest him. Poor going forwards, hence 4 compared to Holgate and Williams' ratings.
Holgate - 5/10 - Can't imagine he'll make it as a CB but really like the look of him at RB. See above.
Williams - 6/10 - Not much to do, wasn't at fault for goals, but no real impact.
Mori - 4/10 - Dunno why he was playing LB when Oviedo is fit? Awful performance though, offered nothing.
Gueye - 7/10 - Did his usual job, but with less quality around him it's going to be harder for him.
Cleverley - 4/10 - Nowhere near good enough for Everton. Can't believe he played.
Deulofeu - 3/10 - Pathetic, he's going backwards. Refuses to take players on which baffles me.
Barkley - 2/10 - Shambolic performance, if he was foreign he'd be getting booed out of the club.
Lennon - 6/10 - Tried to take players on, worked hard, but just didn't have anything come off for him.
Valencia - 4/10 - Obviously nowhere near good enough and a complete WTF signing.

Its just sheer entitlement

See it on here aswell
Utterly embaressing BAWK behaviour

Had people around me at Boro leaving with 15 minutes to go.

Yeah, I get that people have lives and need to do things, some maybe had to do something urgent and had to leave - but I'm talking around 10% of the entire stand leaving with 15 minutes to go. Me and my brother just looked at each other in absolute confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back