Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess tonight shows our complete reliance on Barry and Lukaku at each end of the pitch..

The whole Barkley conundrum continues to perturb me greatly. He is all over the place in his performance (and I don't mean the pitch) yet there is no one else in the squad who can play creative central midfielder. When he has a duff game, we could be royally screwed.

My non-biased ratings:

Stekelenberg - 7/10 - Didn't have anything to do and could do nothing for the goals.
Coleman - 4/10 - Very poor, would have preferred Holgate at RB and to rest him. Poor going forwards, hence 4 compared to Holgate and Williams' ratings.
Holgate - 5/10 - Can't imagine he'll make it as a CB but really like the look of him at RB. See above.
Williams - 6/10 - Not much to do, wasn't at fault for goals, but no real impact.
Mori - 4/10 - Dunno why he was playing LB when Oviedo is fit? Awful performance though, offered nothing.
Gueye - 7/10 - Did his usual job, but with less quality around him it's going to be harder for him.
Cleverley - 4/10 - Nowhere near good enough for Everton. Can't believe he played.
Deulofeu - 3/10 - Pathetic, he's going backwards. Refuses to take players on which baffles me.
Barkley - 2/10 - Shambolic performance, if he was foreign he'd be getting booed out of the club.
Lennon - 6/10 - Tried to take players on, worked hard, but just didn't have anything come off for him.
Valencia - 4/10 - Obviously nowhere near good enough and a complete WTF signing.
It's honestly the opposite. Him being local gets him more criticism then some of the others. He wasn't good tonight but for the season he's been alright and people want him sold anyway

This has been a recurring theme for Everton - this 'we'll show up when we are arsed' theme.

My only criticism for Koeman tonight is his starting 11 formation. If he saw any clips for Mori from last season he'd know he was gash at LB. Lennon in not a LW. I can understand him keeping Barkley on despite him stinking the place so that Barkley can have no complains. We cannot afford these hit and miss performances from him. He'll be another 'English talent' career in the toilet in a couple of year's time if he continues like this.

The other thing I feel is fitness wise, you cannot keep high pressing game going on throughout the season. It will eventually tire the squad and from what I have seen our squad depth was exposed today. Cleverly was poor as CM. And lets face it, without Lukaku we'd be mid table even with Koeman.

Great post. Not. He deserves criticising for his performances. Imagine he wasn't from Liverpool, the fans would be outraged at him being picked each week.

It's because he's a local lad that people forget he had a great start to this season and has tailed off over three of the last four games. He was great in the last game as well.

The problem with him is that when he's bad, he's really bad, but that said Deulofeu is exactly the same and was arguably worse tonight too.

Had people around me at Boro leaving with 15 minutes to go.

Yeah, I get that people have lives and need to do things, some maybe had to do something urgent and had to leave - but I'm talking around 10% of the entire stand leaving with 15 minutes to go. Me and my brother just looked at each other in absolute confusion.

I just dont get why they go tbh, only ever happy when they get to boo and moan it seems

Great post. Not. He deserves criticising for his performances. Imagine he wasn't from Liverpool, the fans would be outraged at him being picked each week.

All you and certain posters on here do is post negativity all day long. What enjoyment do you get out of being an Evertonian?

I'd be considering calling it a day if every feeling I had towards the club i'm supposed to support was anger, hate and disappointment lol.

Played better than the final score. I'd rather lose tonight than in the league. The lack of viable back-up striker bothers me but beyond that I can't say I'm terribly moved. Don't know what you do about Ross, there's no one you can drop him for that's an exact match but he can't be playing on this form.

I just dont get why they go tbh, only ever happy when they get to boo and moan it seems

You know me, I'm as pessimistic as anyone on here, but I still go to support the bloody club, otherwise what's the point?

By all means moan and get angry if we're 3-0 down or whatever, but I'm talking about people sitting silently with a bad look on their face and leaving with 15 minutes to go when we've just won four of our first five games of the season and unbeaten!

Lack of giving younger players a game tonight instead of the Cleverlys etc like to have seen a mixture of youngsters that has beens!
Why Robles was not given a run out to keep him in match practice etc then getting beat would have meant nothing playing that West Ham reject was a big mistake he looks awful!
I'm not cleverley's biggest fan by any means but according to the Everton commentary team he was the best player in the first half. On the other hand geri and Ross were poor throughout the game. Wasted opportunities and poor decision making blighted their game tonight. Let's hope both are back on song for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back