Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not cleverley's biggest fan by any means but according to the Everton commentary team he was the best player in the first half. On the other hand geri and Ross were poor throughout the game. Wasted opportunities and poor decision making blighted their game tonight. Let's hope both are back on song for the weekend.

There's your problem right there mate.

Those who came in tonight will be hurting as they failed. If we were serious about the competition we would have played Jags Baines Barry etc rather than mixing it up.

I have never attended a league cup game or indeed watched a full 90 mins on the TV (only watched bits of the semi last season). I have been to loads of FA Cup games. I have and always will hate this trophy. It looks like a piece of **** and it is.

We need to focus on winning the title this season and keeping our best players fresh.

No. We need to focus on our target mate - which has been set by our realistic manager of finishing in the Europa League spots.

Please, don't bang on about winning the title. It isn't realistic. We just got beat by Norwich with half of our first team in the starting XI.

Ok, I'll search for what you had to say when Fulham knocked us out 3 years ago, whilst I'm at it go and cry some more.
Cry. You are a joke. It's blatantly obvious this defeat is down to the transfer window to all but the happy clappers and while I don't really care about this cup it worries the hell out of me if Rom gets injured.

I said it during the window to the morons who wanted to sell Rom. Lose him and don't replace him with another top striker whom are hard to find and we would be relegation candidates

Yes but he played certain players who he has seen Ben Davis deserved a start, it was a bone idle performance IMO!
The unbalanced nature of the side tonight was as big a factor of us losing as individuals performances. Mori at LB and Lennon LM were just poor decisions from koeman. Oviedo should have started LB and Lennon should have stated on the RW and miralles on the left. Del should have been deployed in the 10 role centrally instead of Barkley. But hindsights a great thing isn't it?

Cry. You are a joke. It's blatantly obvious this defeat is down to the transfer window to all but the happy clappers and while I don't really care about this cup it worries the hell out of me if Rom gets injured.

I said it during the window to the morons who wanted to sell Rom. Lose him and don't replace him with another top striker whom are hard to find and we would be relegation candidates
Dry your eyes mate

No excuse for that, terrible performance. It does show we lack quality squad depth, but that team should still be beating a Championship team. Having said that, don't think Ron got it quite right tonight - Holgate doesn't look ready in the centre so should've played Funes Mori there, with Oviedo starting (he's not great but would have been much better going forward than Funes Mori at LB). Valencia also clearly isn't a lone striker either, so he probably doesn't suit our normal system. Why not start Kone up front with him? Maybe.

Barkley and Deulofeu were horrendous. Lennon is wasted on the left but looked much better back on the right (but was then taken off), Bolasie brought on but with no-one to aim his crosses to. Cleverley is the easy whipping boy for some but he did ok tonight, he's not a world-beater and isn't good enough but tonight wasn't really his fault. There was a lack of intensity in the first-half, they seemed content to just dominate possession with the occasional attack but without really going for the throat. One spawny Norwich goal later and we're trailing 1-0 and we rarely looked like getting back into it.

There's certainly bigger fish to fry this season and it doesn't take away from Koeman's brilliant start but it's bitterly disappointing (and pretty pathetic) to go out like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back