Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lack of giving younger players a game tonight instead of the Cleverlys etc like to have seen a mixture of youngsters that has beens!
Why Robles was not given a run out to keep him in match practice etc then getting beat would have meant nothing playing that West Ham reject was a big mistake he looks awful!
Wouldn't make a difference. The team were OK until we got to the final third but we were playing without a striker. Eventually that hits the confidence.

Let's get back down to reality. There's is no chance you can do well in both cups and league without a quality squad from first 11 through the subs bench. We needed more additions in the summer, but our first 11 is very strong and yet can't play every game. Last season we did well in both cups, still didn't progress to the final and were pants in the league. Fully expect strong(est) teams for the league and FA cup now that the least gratifying cup is out the way. This is a bedding in season for Koeman and he will want us to be in European place this season, so will naturally make sacrifices for this objective, the main objective.

Ron got the team wrong with just one or two too many changes.

Oviedo should be in for Baines, and Holgate didn't appear as comfortable at centre-half as he has done before.

Barkley sloppy from what I saw.

Missed the calming influence of Barry and the presence of Rom.

Del and Barkley very wasteful.

We move on.

Cry. You are a joke. It's blatantly obvious this defeat is down to the transfer window to all but the happy clappers and while I don't really care about this cup it worries the hell out of me if Rom gets injured.

I said it during the window to the morons who wanted to sell Rom. Lose him and don't replace him with another top striker whom are hard to find and we would be relegation candidates
Get the oven fired up love, by next Friday you can put together a lovely triple tier sponge

''That's football'' isn't a valid excuse tho. It implies bad luck. Luck was irrelevant tonight. We were awful.

It's bitterly frustrating throwing away a chance at silverware to such dross.

No it doesn't. It implies that these things happen, which they do. It's frustrating and the performance was poor purely because we weren't clinical.

Rom, Del should each have had two. You're looking at a comfy win. We messed up. Ron got it a bit wrong with the team.

It happens. 'That's football'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back