Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I've gone on record as saying I've not been overly impressed this season but we are a lot more solid and difficult to beat. When we don't create chances we will struggle and there will be games when the opposition score, tonight was one of those. Disappointing that players who can unlock defences didn't perform so a defeat was on the cards.

Surprised by RK tonight. He's been aggressive with substitutions in the league but waits until only 22 mins to go to bring on Bol + Mirales.
His attitude after was well that's football. Doesn't care much about this cup clearly. Focused on the league as he thinks that's the most realistic avenue to his Barca dream I'd imagine.

It was one change too many.

Other than the strange call of Mori at left-back, it was a strong side that should be winning that game.

Norwich - 24% possession - 2 shots. 2 goals. Fair play to them. From our point of view it happens and we move on.

Bournemouth going out atm as well (after extra time as well)

The Liverpool Burnley game was pretty much identical.

Surprised by RK tonight. He's been aggressive with substitutions in the league but waits until only 22 mins to go to bring on Bol + Mirales.
His attitude after was well that's football. Doesn't care much about this cup clearly. Focused on the league as he thinks that's the most realistic avenue to his Barca dream I'd imagine.
He didn't care for this at Southampton either if I'm not mistaken. Didn't they get hammered by Liverpool last season?

No big deal going out at this stage. I just hope it doesn't hurt our momentum.

Cleverly is a nothing player. Tidy on the ball and that's about it but he wasn't the problem tonight.

I'd put him partly at fault for the second goal but no he wasn't the worst of the bunch. Going forward however I'd like us to sign someone else in that position who can either do a Barry type job or create from deep and stamp their authority on a game when we are in possession.

Prioritise it over the league??

Yeah, it's the 6th game of the season, with an international break round the corner. Is it too much to expect the first team to play an extra league cup fixture? Instead we've fallen foul again and now have realistically one opportunity to end the trophy drought.

Awful finishing. Should have had four. Two wasted by Del, two by Barkley. Just bloody shoot, no need tor thirty thousand touches before doing so.

Extremely frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back