Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight showed we don't have the strength in depth to be making that number of changes to our starting line up.

Don't want to see Mori at left back again. Not cut out for it.

Cleverley doesn't offer enough defensively or offensively for me as a CM. Still not as bad as some make him out to be though.

Ross as inconsistent as ever. We need someone central who can create at either CM or AM, and that's not just a failing of the window just gone. It's been a failing of every window since Arteta left for Arsenal.

I wish Del was a better finisher.

Early days but Valencia doesn't seem suited as a lone striker, and needs balls to run onto rather than balls lumped at him.

Credit to Norwich, defended very well and took their chances. Pulled our defenders all over for the first. The second (despite terrible attempts at a tackle from Mori and Clev) was a beautiful finish.

Koeman didn't seem too angry in his post match interview. Said we played well?!

Let's bounce back with a win at the weekend and put this behind us.

Not really mate.

Who should 'never play for us again'?

Valencia - who made his debut and didn't look awful - just think he's maybe proved he isn't ever going to be a lone forward (think he can be a central striker, but needs support).

Del - missed loads of chances but one of our best/most creative players

Barkley - see Del.

Holgate - 19

?

Another manager learns the lesson not to play B teams in cups. Why can they not prioritise it?

It was one change too many.

Other than the strange call of Mori at left-back, it was a strong side that should be winning that game.

Norwich - 24% possession - 2 shots. 2 goals. Fair play to them. From our point of view it happens and we move on.

Bournemouth going out atm as well (after extra time as well)

Valencia - who made his debut and didn't look awful - just think he's maybe proved he isn't ever going to be a lone forward (think he can be a central striker, but needs support).

Barkley - see Del.

Holgate - 19

?

Funes and Cleverley are two I'd certainly not miss.

Barkley - see Del.

Holgate - 19

?
Tom cleverly was awful,lennon was awful,did Kone come on couldn't tell.

Not too bothered I missed this one now, can't comment on how we played but it's only one game and all it shows really is our lack of depth - we knew about that already. You lose matches in footy, way too many people's heads fall off far too easily these days.

Just got to hope that Gana, Rom and Barry stay fit till at least January, when I expect us to strengthen once more with 2 players. We knew before the game that the likes of Cleverley, Lennon and Valencia weren't the types of player to kick us on, it might not be such a big thing long term that they've gone some way to proving that; may see them out the door quicker.

Bad day at the office, move on, smash Bournemouth at the weekend.

No it doesn't. It implies that these things happen, which they do. It's frustrating and the performance was poor purely because we weren't clinical.

Rom, Del should each have had two. You're looking at a comfy win. We messed up. Ron got it a bit wrong with the team.

It happens. 'That's football'

Who mate?

Tonight showed we don't have the strength in depth to be making that number of changes to our starting line up.

Don't want to see Mori at left back again. Not cut out for it.

Cleverley doesn't offer enough defensively or offensively for me as a CM. Still not as bad as some make him out to be though.

Ross as inconsistent as ever. We need someone central who can create at either CM or AM, and that's not just a failing of the window just gone. It's been a failing of every window since Arteta left for Arsenal.

I wish Del was a better finisher.

Early days but Valencia doesn't seem suited as a lone striker, and needs balls to run onto rather than balls lumped at him.

Credit to Norwich, defended very well and took their chances. Pulled our defenders all over for the first. The second (despite terrible attempts at a tackle from Mori and Clev) was a beautiful finish.

Koeman didn't seem too angry in his post match interview. Said we played well?!

Let's bounce back with a win at the weekend and put this behind us.
Cleverly is a nothing player. Tidy on the ball and that's about it but he wasn't the problem tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back