Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
RK, "that's football, I can't criticise the players... We played well."
Basically saying we just weren't clinical enough in front of goal.

The team we put out tonight should have won the game, we played poorly and didnt create hardly anything
norwich defended well and took thier chances
just hope the league momentum isn't affected
gueye had his worst game in an everton shirt and he looked the best player
cleverly didnt stake any sort of claim - get rid in jan
Mori at left back was an odd selection - speaks volumes about Koeman's thoughts on Oviedo
Lennon was meh
Geri was poor again

The players will care mate - it's a real knock to the confidence.

We should target the cups and it's not like we didn't play a strong team tonight. Just maybe an inbalanced one.

Anyway, if you fancy a laugh, Klippity Klopp has just been filmed swearing profousley...

Those who came in tonight will be hurting as they failed. If we were serious about the competition we would have played Jags Baines Barry etc rather than mixing it up.

I have never attended a league cup game or indeed watched a full 90 mins on the TV (only watched bits of the semi last season). I have been to loads of FA Cup games. I have and always will hate this trophy. It looks like a piece of **** and it is.

We need to focus on winning the title this season and keeping our best players fresh.

You know me, I'm as pessimistic as anyone on here, but I still go to support the bloody club, otherwise what's the point?

By all means moan and get angry if we're 3-0 down or whatever, but I'm talking about people sitting silently with a bad look on their face and leaving with 15 minutes to go when we've just won four of our first five games of the season and unbeaten!

I know mate, get a pint down your necks and make a day of it

It's because he's a local lad that people forget he had a great start to this season and has tailed off over three of the last four games. He was great in the last game as well.

The problem with him is that when he's bad, he's really bad, but that said Deulofeu is exactly the same and was arguably worse tonight too.

Was really cheesed off with Deulofeu tonight, he had the chance to make a claim for a starting place on Saturday, but blew it.

Koeman:

"We had opportunities - not clinical - can't fault attitude.

"We don't celebrate our position in teh table and we don't cry when we are out."

Those are quotes from his post-match...

I'm not cleverley's biggest fan by any means but according to the Everton commentary team he was the best player in the first half. On the other hand geri and Ross were poor throughout the game. Wasted opportunities and poor decision making blighted their game tonight. Let's hope both are back on song for the weekend.
Yes but he played certain players who he has seen Ben Davis deserved a start, it was a bone idle performance IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back