Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many inconsistent players. Quite a few stinking of averageness too.

Nothing we didn't already know though. Stick a few of them together and you get that game. Inevitable.

Ah lad. The idea of Everton winning the league cup is a bit like a baaaad dry run. You want the leg over so bad that after a while you begin to think shaggin anything will be out of this world incredible. Then you finally do it, you ride a real life woman, however, she's in her 40s, got a BMI of 38, pissed up, a chain smoker, butt ugly and the whole wonderful experience lasts the guts of 45 seconds.

Yes, you have finally succeeded after all these years, but now that you've done it, by GOD was it unsatisfactory.

THAT is how I view this highly esteemed League Bloody Cup...
Any mask slipping yet mate?

Oh well, back to the league on Saturday to watch 2nd placed Everton with an on fire Romelu Lukaku, and rumours of a new 50,000+ Waterfront Stadium picking up the pace.

Poor but not that arsed, more worried about Barkley. At the moment he's not a patch on the player he was in his debut season and he hasn't been at that level for quite some time now despite no injury setbacks etc.

Think the calls to sell him are ridiculous though, hes still young and could turn out great but I've definitely downgraded my views on the overall level he could reach.
Why Arnt you arsed we have 2 chances to win a cup every year an there's 1 gone after 6 games. Do you really think that we're gonna finish top 4 cos were not. And I'd still rather win the cup

Poor but not that arsed, more worried about Barkley. At the moment he's not a patch on the player he was in his debut season and he hasn't been at that level for quite some time now despite no injury setbacks etc.

Think the calls to sell him are ridiculous though, hes still young and could turn out great but I've definitely downgraded my views on the overall level he could reach.
Why Arnt you arsed we have 2 chances to win a cup every year an there's 1 gone after 6 games. Do you really think that we're gonna finish top 4 cos were not. And I'd still rather win the cup

Yeah 'the absolute state' of an Evertonian who has made it as a professional footballer earning thousands of pounds a week playing for the club he loves.

Some on here can't wait for the chance to run the players down.
Great post. Not. He deserves criticising for his performances. Imagine he wasn't from Liverpool, the fans would be outraged at him being picked each week.

Totally agree with you and I'm not downplaying the issue at all if that's how it appears, rather than it shouldn't take losing to Norwich to show it.

Without Rom we're toothless and have to rely on an ageing Koné, Valencia (who I doubt will set the world alight) or shoe horning other players.

Furthermore, regardless of how frustrating Barkley can be at times there's no other real options. And let's not talk about Cleverly et al.

I'm more that confident that our first XI can rival many teams and there's a few options on the bench, but beyond that we are threadbare.

I'm sure Koeman recognises this and will attempt to rectify the situation as soon as possible - a new striker and play maker are musts.
We should have played Barkley further back and Gerry as a 10 with Kone up front and Mirallas and Bolasie on the wing. Oviedo should have also played.

Poor from Koeman. Rubbish from the board.

Leicester went out 4th round last season of this and third round of the fa cup, gonna miss gueye and bolasie for two later cup rounds due to acon as well, overly not that bothered as the team should benefit from less games in both the league and fa cup when it starts.

Stating the obvious very disappointing to go out in this manner and to a championship team. I know we made many changes, but Norwich made 10 changes from the weekend yet still won! Let's face it, tonight has told koeman what we already know and I suspect what koeman realises, we just don't have the squad in depth. I just hope and pray our key players keep fit till January and our league position will be healthy enough to attract better quality players to the club and also at the same time shift out the deadwood we have at the club.

Genuinely do not think the players will be bothered about this game. Our aims this season are far greater than this piece of junk. Stay in and around the top 4 and come Jan we will attract top players.

No one cares about this monstrosity. We need to reestablish ourselves at the top table asap.

The players will care mate - it's a real knock to the confidence.

We should target the cups and it's not like we didn't play a strong team tonight. Just maybe an inbalanced one.

Anyway, if you fancy a laugh, Klippity Klopp has just been filmed swearing profousley...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back