Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving aside the manager's tactics and the performance of the players, once more a referee has cost us dearly.

Their second goal was set up after Williams clearly handled the ball......and a fellow blocked a Seamus Coleman shot with his hand in the penalty area but as per, no penno given.

We have yet to be awarded a penalty in the keague this season.

There's probably some betting consortium out there with money on us finishing twelfth.

Not seen any of the game as I've been in work so can't really judge performances from today but would anyone be open to Stones being taking out the firing line for a few games, starting on Weds? The lad's head really hasn't been right all season since Chelseagate

The first goal, or comedy of errors, was a combination of Stones overconfidence and lack of common sense, and Howard trying to kick Ayew out of the ground instead of making a feint. The ball was so close to the touch line the only place Ayew could kick it was out of play.

The second goal followed a handball by an opposition player (for the second time this season - missed by the ref as usual). There were at least two other decent handball shouts, one in the area, that he missed as well.

The loss of Besic so early on was a major blow, Cleverley is no substitute for him, and his early shot had the keeper well beaten but hit the post rather than the net.

Rom was out of sorts throughout the game, missing several excellent crosses from Del. And their keeper was on form.

So as ever it's done and dusted, move on, nothing to see here. I'm as disappointed as anyone, but constant moaning and calling for mass dismissals won't solve anything.

Not seen any of the game as I've been in work so can't really judge performances from today but would anyone be open to Stones being taking out the firing line for a few games, starting on Weds? The lad's head really hasn't been right all season since Chelseagate

Stones has either had his head turned by another club or is gutted nobody has come in for him imo. Either way, he had a poor game today and i think he should be put on the bench. He's still young though, and i'm sure he'll learn that his showboating isn't always wise.

Maybe you should stop guessing how others think. You're invariably wrong.

Where's the next win coming from? And what makes you so certain the dissent will stop with getting to the final? Don't say that it'll be good enough to assuage my concerns or will make me pipe down because it sure as hell will not.

We're not consistent enough to go on a winning streak. One win doesn't even begin to paper over the very visible cracks. It might be alright for you, but your mindset apply to everyone else.

I agree

I'll be delighted if we reach the final and go on to avoid a banana skin in Carlisle and see a bit of cup fever at Goodison but it would be papering over cracks.

I am a fan of Martinez. I have been and remain one but he is now under the microscope.....can he coach defence? if not then we have an issue.

We are a struggling mid division team 8 points from the relegation door. Our young players are not as good as we have been led to believe and our young manager needs start to have the humility to learn.

There's plenty here who'll be singing it with you.

I really dont understand it.

I think it's a matter of valuing loyalty and appreciating the bigger picture rather than being fickle and running about with your hair on fire.
Yet you are the one who said on here you would prefer a nice draw to a win.
Like i say we can be whoever we choose on these forums and i question who you really support

Still sick as the proverbial.

Might turn out to have been a watershed day this. You know things are getting desperate when the coaching staff start blaming the crowd for the players' performances.
I blame Swansea's new manager for working out how to beat us despite never having been involved in the PL before
Bloody cheek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back