Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree and disagree with you Dave, we have got a massive goalkeeping problem as Howard is dire and needs getting rid off asap. Martinez picks the team, he is the one sticking with Howard...now that is a problem as he is obviously not seeing how awful Howard actually is.
That's his big mistake this season.

Easily sorted.

We have a goal keeper problem not a manager problem. Time after time that feller has killed us in games this season.

Take hm out and see the difference. It's not rocket science.
It's a manager problem. He can't put a team together capable of winning Premier League games. This really upsets me, because I think he has some talent. Unfortunately, his track record shows that he doesn't have the ability to be the manager of a top Premier League side. He may develop, but Everton should not be used as his training ground, as he may ruin us in the process.

Mostly good and agree, the 'space' Martinez has been given to grow our ' special ', ' talented' ' young squad' is basically just allowing a poor tactician and poor defensive coach ( both Martinez ) to erode the confidence of young players...

Why the buyer comment though? Martinez had the dough to buy Dell, Barry, RL. All great signings...?
You can't slate Martinez's transfer record. The two players he's actually spent money on, McCarthy and Lukaku, look like bargains. Barry was a free, del cost 4m.

_87880134_besic-mirallas-getty.jpg

both injured, and both miss City.
Besic looks like a supporting character from The Departed.

Looks to me like they were told to go out and save energy / sitback and hit them on the break - hence Mirallas & Del...Then had to expend more energy than they actually saved chasing it.
nobody's finest hour there.

Hope its all OK on the night.

You can't slate Martinez's transfer record. The two players he's actually spent money on, McCarthy and Lukaku, look like bargains. Barry was a free, del cost 4m.
Said it before and I'll say it again, he would be an astute director of football he has an eye for talent but unfortunately as a manager, isn't able to get the most out of that talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back