Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "We were very slow in our performance - pedestrian - but two aspects affected our momentum which was the two injuries.

I agree this didn't help today, but in all honesty if McCarthy was fit would besic be playing? and as for miralles, this is the player who has been getting splinters sat on the bench for most of the season, while Kone (who has stank the place out with his performances) has been picked over him.

I appreciate the distinction is subtle, but I'd suggest that it's less a case of laying blame, than it is of seeking accountability: i.e. who is the the 'buck stops here' individual at EFC?
I beg to differ mate. The distinction is non existent. Most people on here are saying or implying that this is Martinez's fault.

You can't slate Martinez's transfer record. The two players he's actually spent money on, McCarthy and Lukaku, look like bargains. Barry was a free, del cost 4m.
Alcaraz, Kone, McGeady, and Cleverley?

I'll give Martinez credit for not wasting a lot of cash, but he has definitely signed some trash alongside the gems you've mentioned. He's not a transfer guru by any stretch of the imagination.

I beg to differ mate. The distinction is non existent. Most people on here are saying or implying that this is Martinez's fault.
Yes, I suppose you are right. But from my personal perspective I do make a distinction between blame and accountability. A CEO isn't necessarily to blame for an underlings errors, but he sure as hell is accountable.

I am frustrated with this team because it feels like I'm watching the best Everton side I have seen for 30 years just come undone too often with stupid mistakes and poor decision making. The team will likely lose key players over summer and they won't fulfil their potential. Gutted. Then again maybe they are not as good as I'd like to think they are.

As a team, they most certainly aren't. As individuals, the jury's still out on some of them.

I'll give Martinez credit for not wasting a lot of cash, but he has definitely signed some trash alongside the gems you've mentioned. He's not a transfer guru by any stretch of the imagination.
Two frees and the other two very minor sums. Every manager will have a dud or two - even Moyes did. Remember Drenthe?

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "We were very slow in our performance - pedestrian - but two aspects affected our momentum which was the two injuries.

I agree this didn't help today, but in all honesty if McCarthy was fit would besic be playing? and as for miralles, this is the player who has been getting splinters sat on the bench for most of the season, while Kone (who has stank the place out with his performances) has been picked over him.
Well, he's right. When your two in-form players go off in the first half hour, it's bound to have an effect. I really wish he'd address the goalkeeping issue though. Howard clearly doesn't have his head on straight; he'd benefit from a little rest I think.

In general I don't disagree with what he has said; I'm just tired of excuses.

I thought the crowd had it bang on today. Started dishing it out when they continued to play around dangerously at the back.They also dished it out when no midfield players where showing For the ball causing us to go sideways all the time. On the occasions we played good attacking football they cheered
there heads off even if it broke down they still applauded the idea.

I'm sure I read somewhere geads is on 50k a week...beautiful

Why?

People predicted they would struggle with their recent run-in, but they beat Spurs at White Hart Lane, beat Chelsea at home and battered Stoke 3-0 yesterday.

I'm not saying they will win the league or anything, but given they are ten points ahead of Man Utd (5th place) who are struggling to even get a shot on target, I can't see why 4th is unrealistic for them.

City, Arsenal and Spurs will finish in the top four....and its Liverpools season again....and Stoke and West Ham are now world beaters which means Leicester can only finish 7th at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back