Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez has to go, the results and performances speak for themselves.... Just look at the league

3 points off 10th Watford - WATFORD and 4 off Stoke and Southampton in 9th &8th... WTF

6 points off the [Poor language removed] in 7th, Europe cannot happen this season unless we win a cup which playing like this City will tear us one. Only 8 points off the bottom 3, we are closer to relegation than CL or Europa League, worrying times.

I was wondering before the match if today, the defence would get their act together and the attack would continue playing as we have all season, resulting in a comfortable win.
But no. the attack decides to have an off day and the defence decides to play as usual.

Any guesses who is meant to be in midfield with Barry since Besic went off? I presume it's Cleverley, but he's been where Pienaar is playing, and he is playing where Ross should be playing, who seems t be playing next to Funes Mori so he can receive two yard passes and give it back to Howard, who is (as I'm sure you all know) absolutely turd.

Exactly.

The gap between defence and midfield is huge. NO PASS IS ON. But yet, we don't go direct. We fart around and pass it to one of their players, who end up punishing us.

Don't have much to say about that. Here is a gif of a panda in the snow.

baobaoroll2.gif

"Can't have him running the ball out and starting an attack, that's too risky." - (Carragher the Kopite, 2016, and all of the beauts who agree with him)

Better to have him play a risky backpass to a useless, unaware keeper. That's proper English defending.

It's pathetic.
So what, you want them to clap them off ffs! They get paid an absolute fortune and should be doing much better. If anyone was getting paid a fortune to do any job and you were doing it badly, someone would be on your back about it and rightly so.

Whatever the fans who boo are pathetic

Stop smoking the stuff mate it's clearly effecting your judgement

Great reply mate, really backs up your stance. Much like that other wum, I'll assume what you really mean is "I can't argue my point anymore, I realise I'm wrong, I'll stop jumping down Stones' throat and let him defend like the fifty million pound player he's supposed to be"

Stones was poor on the first goal but the geriatric reaction from Howard. Good God!!

As for the second goal, he goes down early and cannot react. As happened last week and has happened so often with him.

EFC are not playing well and are not pressing up the pitch. As for the slowing, diving Pienaar.. but Howard...

I think Goodison sounds so quiet because of the Fear Factor.

Blaming our own fans for Stones being awful is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. He's a professional footballer, the crowd don't or shouldn't dictate how he plays only he and the manager do that. If he listens to the crowd then he's even more stupid than that first goal made him look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back