Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take the money for Stones now and buy a grock and new keeper. We are woeful without the ball and just let them dictate. With the ball we have been harassed and closed down and for the life of me I don't know why we don't do it. Our right side is very weak defensively and they are numbering up against us. Been a stroll in the park so far for Swansea. Whats happened to Lukaku and his improved hold up play...its gone astray over the last few weeks and think he needs to try harder. Our midfield must be the easiest midfield to cut through. Bad half and I am assuming it can only get better.
Honestly as good as Stones can be, you don't need a flashy defender. Defenders main job is to defend, attack corners and set pieces. We could get by without Stones, but losing Barkley Geri or Lukaku would be a much bigger blow. Having said that, I want Stones to stay

The whole team clearly have one eye on the semi this week, everyone has barely made a move all game.

Playing as if it's a friendly.

Also has anyone else noticed that Swansea are also trying to play like Everton, with a bit of closing down we could be 3 goals up, but with no pressure at all, this has now invited Swansea into our half and they haven't really moved.

May have to make at least 2 changes this half. Wait, what? We've already made 2 subs? Well that plan goes out the window.

People moaning about the fans booing, I think the fans are entitled to boo after seeing no effort whatsoever, however I think the fans never made a single bit of noise until after the 1st penalty, as if they as well as the players are thinking about next week.

THE WHOLE OF GOODISON, INCLUDING FANS AND PLAYERS, NEED A KICK UP THE ARSE!!

Great reply mate, really backs up your stance. Much like that other wum, I'll assume what you really mean is "I can't argue my point anymore, I realise I'm wrong, I'll stop jumping down Stones' throat and let him defend like the fifty million pound player he's supposed to be"

No you can have an opinion but when it's invalid it's pointless

Would make a great director of football over seeing transfers

He can't half develop a young player too. I have no doubt Lukaku, Ross, Stones etc would be nowhere near as developed if Moyes was coaching them.

But it just depends what you want out of football. Neutral entertainment? Sure, if it's not my team. But I like my team to win. Hopefully trophies and titles once again, but in the mean time, just some games would be nice. 3 points to Everton only means 3 draws.

we are going to win this...but it'll still have been an absolute [Poor language removed] peformance. on top of losing two key players in one half

koff everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back