Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v West Ham. 22nd Nov at 15.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 149 76.0%
  • West Ham

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbutt up against Carrol and Cole on the back post would be battered all game long, it's a wise move not putting him in and going with experience. As for Besic, I'd imagine Osman will be played further forward and it will be Barkley who moves back to help McCarthy.
disagree completely mate. Garbutt is a natural left back and he isn't that weak in the air. Hibbert isn't a natural left back and will be left out of position a lot and far more vulnerable at back post headers than Garbutt.

As for that, even if he did play him further forward that's another mistake. I'd much rather he played Eto'o if he was going to do that.

Theres many different and better options mate. I know you like to get behind the team and support, which i will do at the match but he's making jarg decisions and needs to be called out on it.

Why people are clamouring for Besic baffles me, been very underwhelmed by him- offers nothing a cheap signing that hasn't worked!!

That has nothing to do with anything.

We don't HAVE to win. It'd be infinitely preferable if we did but it isn't going to decide our entire season. It just isn't.

We do though, home games like these are vital. It's hilarious how many underestimate what it takes to be a CL team the likes of arsenal, city, Chelsea don't slip up often at home, our home record has been average at best this season. We keep slipping up we won't finish there it's as simple as that. We were fantastic last season and still didn't get it, then you think of the defeats at palace and sunderland they are the reasons why we lost not defeats at man city or Chelsea etc.

if we can't work out our back 4 sure as hell big sam can't. Biggest problem is going to be carroll's threat in the air. With their main men out sam will resort to type and go route 1. I would expect Distin to go LB and hibbo CB but Hibbo v Carroll = disaster. They don't have pace up front carroll and Cole are not quick, play a high line and keep Carroll out of the area.

Could be wrong but maybe Coleman will be LB.
According to SSN Carroll is lining up wide left for Wham with Cole in the middle. It means nothing on paper, but your suggestion isn't impossible...neither is Hibbo centre back(done well there before) and Distin left back. I don't think Mirrallas will get more than 45 and we will have good options from the bench. I think Martinez has made good picks allowing for our injuries. We will win this second half, in a canter.

IMO, the team shape will defo be...

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Hibbert
McCarthy Osman
Barkley Naismith Mirallas
Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back