Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How TF does he get away with that ?
Anthony+Taylor+N3erA1EHo2Om.jpg

Played well yesterday up until Martinez started getting involved with substitutions.

Once Lennon went off Oviedo he had no support at all and we had no threat down the left which meant they doubled up on our full back and lashed ball after ball into the box.

3 of the past 4 goals conceded Joel was rooted on his line, if not behind it. The one time he did come off his line he did so half heartedly if not reluctantly.

The shoite down to ten men, get the equaliser and what does Klopp do? Takes an attacker off for a defender.

Oh for a manager who can read the game and react accordingly.

And then Benteke shows Lukaku how to take a penalty.

Martinez, you are a prat.

Last edited:
telling Bobby he has until the end of the season , unfortunately isn't going to turn him into some sort of tactical God , just as the idiots who thought by making referees professional , was overnight going to give them better eye sight, be able to run faster and lose any bias etc etc etc

I think we owe him that much time for what he achieved in the first season. As i made clear in my post, i doubt he will change in the coming months, at which point it will be time to part company.

Just contrast us to the RS who, predictably i have to say, kept fighting into injury time and as a result achieved three points. It makes me want to weep.

We are so soft and too nice. When Antonio clattered into Joel he should have had a second yellow but for some reason Taylor did nothing. Why on earth is our captain just standing there doing nothing? When that happens we should have 5 players surrounding the reff telling him to send him off. Look at Mirallas second yellow, Noble is there right away getting into the reff with a couple more West Ham players.

We need to be more ruthless and snide, that's how you win things. But we are too nice to do that and nice guys finish last.

I never want us to lose the School Of Science mentality, but I thing time should be called on Jags' captainship.

Spot on. I think it is a bit of both. It was a long stint with ten men so they were bound to flag a little but they look tired at 75-80 mins in a lot of games. They are definitely mentally fragile. Defenders caught out for sure but the midfielders do seem to switch off and let the crosses in. Ironically this is the sort of situation their possession training is meant to come to the fore. WHU should not have seen the ball in the last few minutes although I acknowledge it is a tall order with 10 men. They beat Spurs midweek so not exactly rubbish. That said we gave it away showing the same flaws that have been there all season. Frustrating to say the least.

As i suggested after we went 2-0 up, we should have got the ball to one of the corner flags and got 10 men around it. (Maybe if we'd done that Mirallas wouldn't have been sent off. :-) ).

The shoite down to ten men, get the equaliser and what does Klopp do? Takes an attacker off for a defender.

Oh for a manager who can read the game and react accordingly.

And then Benteke shows Lukaku how to take a penalty.

Martinez, you are a prat.
To be fair, Benteke's penalty was almost exactly the same as Lukaku's. Instead of coming off his line and waiting for Benteke, though, McCarthy dove the wrong way.

Bilic's tactical and balsy substitutions won the game, compare it to our **** head of a manager taking Lennon off for a striker quite obviously not match fit, and then at 2-2 taking your best striker of for a middle aged mid-fielder when you need a goal - absolutely disgraceful. Martinez cannot manage a game, he is void of all tactical nous and never takes risks. I like West Ham, they are an ace team and great club and anyone else today and I'd be (slightly) more p****d than I am now. Bilic (an ex Everton player LOL) is an infinitely better manager than Martinez. Kudos to the Hammers today, but we really did throw it away.

Players are at fault also - where our our leaders on the pitch Get stuck in, tackle hard, take the game by the scruff of the neck FFS. 2-0 up with only 10 men, do NOT **** around with tiki taka passing, hoof the bloody ball down field, take it into the corner flags and dance with it for a few seconds. Kiick it into row z if you have to. DO NOT let the other team get any belief back that they can win, even if the position looks dire to them. Its basic stuff, kill the game off.

Everton, love 'em but they infuriate the **** out of me.

Rant over.

I agree with most of what you say, but Martinez DOES take risks, at the wrong time, such as putting on a striker when we need to defend a lead like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back