Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really fussed what Southampton and Burnley did in recent years, they don’t have the vision and means of our owners to challenge the big boys.

The attitude of most in this thread is the top six is a closed shop - that’s exactly the reason you are where you are. Did Man City and their owners think the same ten years ago? No, they rolled their sleeves up, showed ambition and were willing to back up their ideas. I wouldn’t expect fans of opposition sides to fully understand what we are all about and where we aspire to be, but google can help you out.

You can carry on with your attitude, we’ll carry on with ours and have a good go at it. Will we succeed, who knows? But we’re going to have a hell of a journey finding out.

Comparing yourselves to Man City lol.

Burnley came 7th last season (you lot haven't even done that yet) and I don't remember the misplaced arrogance from their fans.

Not at all. History is great and should be remembered but what have Everton done in the last 25 years?

You’re in danger of becoming an Aston Villa.

You’re in danger of being a cheap Nostradamus. You’ve done nothing ever.

Well done to your manager for doing so well with you, however what you want in this league and what you get are two entirely different things.

If you ever did rub shoulders with the top 4 you will be looking at getting 70-80 points a season. You are a long way off that.

Plus, Mendes makes his money moving players so don’t be too gullible and think that you will keep players - We know, we’ve been there. You’ve never had a player to my knowledge that’s ever been wanted by the top teams - saying you’ll do one thing and how it plays out are again two different things.

I wish you no luck at all. You lack class. It will show in the long term.

No issues with other clubs supporters coming on for sensible debate....it’s what the internet is for. However, some are balanced and interesting whilst others are full of the irrational glow of self importance that a few good games brings...its human nature.
I wonder how many even think to come on in the aftermath of a defeat or amidst a bad run? Not many. We have our regulars from Palace and Sunderland whom are long term contributors plus the odd Leicester contributors....they are part of the fabric. @Mugwump makes some salient points but the @One Time Poster should remain that.....a one off basking in a win against a poor team bereft of confidence and know-how who surrendered all three goals more meekly than the stewards attempt to catch the black cat yesterday. As somebody succinctly pointed out....come back with your chest puffed out when you’ve had several seasons of real improvement in the Premiership.

The lad coming on to swap Nyarkos jersey that was a defining low moment in a terrible season. Now scrambles the gwladys cat coming on beating players and getting into the box to prove a point is a new low.

It's always odd when a fan of a club that over the last 25 years (and far far longer) has been an absolute non-entity tries to criticise a club like us. Have we been successful in that time like we used to be? No, clearly - although you might want to reconsider your 25 year time frame as we won the FA Cup within the last 25 years.

But we have still been relevant to an extent. Got in the top 4, been in the top 5 or 6 several times, played in Europe, played in Semi Finals and Finals. All things that are seen as minimum requirements for a club like us and aren't even a success. You lot can only dream of doing that.
Sorry to burst your bubble but nobody really ever remembers a runners up medal except the own individuals team fans . So to answer your question no it’s not something we wolves fans dream of . now actually winning a trophy is a future dream and target .

Fully expecting richy to be sold in summer.

Sure to have some suitors and his agent will be angling for a move to a champs league club.

That way we can actually sign some players too
Never really rated the guy anyway. I myself would look good playing alongside Neymar for Brazil. !!!!!

The season is over for me, we will likely finish 12th now. Hopefully my stoke-meter can be filled up in the summer when we sign some hunks to replace the deviants we have on the books.

You’ve proved my final point for me.

Your 10 years away from what you say wolves are capable of being and that if it goes to your plan? You have gone on to quote Man City as example, big difference they had stadium in place so not even a similar comparison. You have rumours of expansion in the middle of a city, the other option is new build. And lots of stock rhetoric from your owners, the majority say this. I'm curious, do you support Newcastle during weekdays?

Last edited:
You’re in danger of being a cheap Nostradamus. You’ve done nothing ever.

Well done to your manager for doing so well with you, however what you want in this league and what you get are two entirely different things.

If you ever did rub shoulders with the top 4 you will be looking at getting 70-80 points a season. You are a long way off that.

Plus, Mendes makes his money moving players so don’t be too gullible and think that you will keep players - We know, we’ve been there. You’ve never had a player to my knowledge that’s ever been wanted by the top teams - saying you’ll do one thing and how it plays out are again two different things.

I wish you no luck at all. You lack class. It will show in the long term.
Well your obviously not that knowledgeable , as there was already an offer in the summer made by one of the top clubs for neves :) I think you will find our owners are very ambitious and have already stated there ambition is to win the league in 10 years time or less . Now yes you could say how many owners of premiership clubs have said this in the past , but from what I have seen first hand already and how far we have come in such a short space of time i wouldn’t automatically count it as a pipe dream . We have champion league players in a championship team last year , which just goes to show that our owners mean business . Time will tell I suppose . All the best for the rest of season . Been goodison a few times and that’s not to just watch wolves there , decent set of fans and hope you can turn your current form around .

So salty!

Met two Everton fans on the train back last night and they couldn’t bear to give Wolves an ounce of praise.

We’ve heard all this nonsense before lads - the foreigners won’t hack it in the Championship, they won’t like the cold, they won’t make the step up as they haven’t got PL experience. Now we’re hearing everyone tell us how it’ll be harder next season and all our best players will be off.

I had a lot of respect for Everton fans in the past but you could genuinely hear a pin drop in the home section yesterday.

Yes, you’ve been in the top flight forever - so what?! One season where you threatened the top four and absolutely jack all else to show for it.

You’re just another set of fans who don’t really understand (or want to try and ignore) what is happening at Molineux. We aren’t here to make up the numbers.

heres me thinking we had 9 League titles,silly me forget football started in the 90's

Oh and we get this every year, Toon fans, Southampton fans, west Ham fans, it's quite laughable. We have won toss all for beards and you all still want to be us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back