Everton vs. FC Krasnodar. 11th December at 20.05.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robles is just not good enough ,
We Deffo need a new keeper to
challenge Howard for a place ....

Good job tonight's game was for nothing ...

I have to disagree with some views here about Ledson; I thought he was dreadful and just fouled or gave up on tackles. I hope I'm wrong, and he is young enough for improvement but compared to Garbutt, he is years away. And McAleny is a headless chicken

Edit: so as not to sound too negative, a goalkeeping error from the same result as the first team isn't too bad, and Oviedo showed - along with the rust - a few glimpses of his class. Kone looks direct and able to hold the ball up and Alcaraz with Barry in CD looked like a good partnership in an injury crisis

Lots of positives from tonight:
-Kone looked great. Great hold-play, neat touches, and was deserving of a goal.
-so many youngsters getting experience, some of these players would not have had the opportunity to start. Never heard of Dowell before but he looked good!
-Oviedo baby
-Pienaar looked a good captain, was much more vocal than usual and really tried to lead by doing. Still looking a bit rusty and was missing the support from the more skilled first team players. He seemed emotional in the post-match interview, sounded like he really enjoyed being captain. That or I am horrible at reading people!
-GARBUTT, just pure class and is without a doubt a first team player. Martinez must find a way to get him game time here.
-GARBAAR

Some other notes:
-I think Ledson is a bit overhyped at the moment. There's talent but he isn't anywhere near first team.
-I think McAleny has a lot of talent but he was trying way too hard tonight. Understandably he has had a lot of injuries recently and is getting older but no one was expecting him to pull of the spectacular tonight so he didn't need to hog the ball. Being more selfless would've been a better approach tonight for him.
-Astu... This is just not going to be his season.

My thoughts

1. The seeding system is a joke - Lille (in Pot 1) were deemed the most likely team to win their group. They finished bottom despite having a guy who is worth £50m by the second season of FIFA career mode..

2. Pienaar looked very good all things considered - not 2007-09 good but good enough to still cause some damage and the creativity will always be a threat to the more unassuming of teams. Had Baines played with him tonight, the game would have been very different.

3. Garbutt was magnificent, handle him right and he'll slot into LB seamlessly. Baines needs to take a leaf out of his book sometimes.....

4. For all the hype, Ledson isn't ready. Not by a long shot.

5. McAleny isn't good enough. Time to go son.

6. Barry isn't half bad at CB. Oviedo's versatility never ceases to amaze.

7. Robles needs more exp points - that goal he conceded. Reminded me of my good self keeping goal during games lessons. Yes I was the fat kid who went in goal....

New keeper needed in January. Badly.... what I wouldn't give for another Nigel Martyn bullseye!

8. They sang "Hey Jude" in the first half. Given how Putin has gone about his business, we should have replied with "Back in the USSR"

9 The coleslaw in the Joe Mercer suite was outstanding

10 How fit did that Russian announcer sound? She reminded me of a bond baddie who tries to kill him but he ends up schtupping her.

My thoughts

10 How fit did that Russian announcer sound? She reminded me of a bond baddie who tries to kill him but he ends up schtupping her.

This is her and Rossy, you're lucky I haven't reported you.
B4mUZnnCUAAFuCL.jpg:large

My thoughts

1. The seeding system is a joke - Lille (in Pot 1) were deemed the most likely team to win their group. They finished bottom despite having a guy who is worth £50m by the second season of FIFA career mode..

2. Pienaar looked very good all things considered - not 2007-09 good but good enough to still cause some damage and the creativity will always be a threat to the more unassuming of teams. Had Baines played with him tonight, the game would have been very different.

3. Garbutt was magnificent, handle him right and he'll slot into LB seamlessly. Baines needs to take a leaf out of his book sometimes.....

4. For all the hype, Ledson isn't ready. Not by a long shot.

5. McAleny isn't good enough. Time to go son.

6. Barry isn't half bad at CB. Oviedo's versatility never ceases to amaze.

7. Robles needs more exp points - that goal he conceded. Reminded me of my good self keeping goal during games lessons. Yes I was the fat kid who went in goal....

New keeper needed in January. Badly.... what I wouldn't give for another Nigel Martyn bullseye!

8. They sang "Hey Jude" in the first half. Given how Putin has gone about his business, we should have replied with "Back in the USSR"

9 The coleslaw in the Joe Mercer suite was outstanding

Get Roberto on the phone to Valdes. Catalan connection and all that.

This is a serious suggestion by the way. But I couldn't see Martinez having the balls to drop Howard for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.