Everton Youth Teams Thread

Seen recently a lot of talk about Liam Walsh and see that him and Ryan Ledson only have a few months between them. I haven't seen to much of Walsh myself but what are people thinking? As they both seem holding midfielders can they play together? Can one play a little more advanced then the other? Will they both make a name for themselves at the blues?

Great result from the young lads.

I see Lundstram has returned to the club after Leyton Orient didn't extend his loan. Sadly I don't think the lad is gonna have a future with us.

Seen recently a lot of talk about Liam Walsh and see that him and Ryan Ledson only have a few months between them. I haven't seen to much of Walsh myself but what are people thinking? As they both seem holding midfielders can they play together? Can one play a little more advanced then the other? Will they both make a name for themselves at the blues?

Walsh is a real natural, but has some maturing to do both mentally and physically. If he can show patience, he will defo make it.
Ledson, perhaps not as naturally gifted, is streets ahead in development and a future Blues and England captain. Just hope he can
remain injury free as he is fearless in the tackle.
Of the two, Walsh's game looks better suited in a more forward role. Today he scored and had an assist. His goal was emphatic, he was
put in and he buried it.

Mate of mine is on the staff at Liverpool and does the U21's, U18's and the junior sides. Tested him to say looks we gave them a thrashing and he said their players had no heart and no fight whereas Everton were well up for it. He reckons the general level of player in their academy is nowhere near as good as in previous years.

....went in the pub and asked the Mates how good the pool's u18s are. Really good came the response, great players. I said 'just asking coz the Blues are beating them 5-0'. ' Ah yes, but our team have younger players turning out and the best ones are all on loan'.

Couldn't write the script.
They are playing benfica in quarters next week so dropped a few at least they should get the excuse right

Mate of mine is on the staff at Liverpool and does the U21's, U18's and the junior sides. Tested him to say looks we gave them a thrashing and he said their players had no heart and no fight whereas Everton were well up for it. He reckons the general level of player in their academy is nowhere near as good as in previous years.

Aww, gutted for them...

....went in the pub and asked the Mates how good the pool's u18s are. Really good came the response, great players. I said 'just asking coz the Blues are beating them 5-0'. ' Ah yes, but our team have younger players turning out and the best ones are all on loan'.

Couldn't write the script.

Shouldnt kenny and ledson still be playing u18 too? Think its the same case for us. All the loans are more likely u21 players

But they will go out and spend 50 mill minimum each Summer and finish above us anyway....damn football these days!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back