Everton Youth Teams Thread

this group of England players surely the most successful in history with a core of Everton players. Bodes well for the future you'd think
Wasn't the best performances by the group today. If anything Mexico were a bit better on the ball, but we know they are decent at this age group from when we played them in (I think) the quarter final of last years word cup. They are very strong on the left and both Connolly and Kenny had a hard game, but did well overall.

Dowell was the stand out player for me. Playing in a surprisingly deeper role alongside Cook, everything decent we did went through him. He worked hard, did some good work defensively and his distribution was as good as you would expect. He also scored a good goal. But two things stood out for me today. Firstly, he had a number of very good strong runs carrying the ball (bearing in mind the Mexicans are no slouches), one in particular ended with him brilliantly setting up Abraham with an open goal that should have settled the game. But more importantly he was involved throughout. I've seen him play better games but I don't think I've seen him as consistently involved as he was today.

Surely needs to be part of the first team set up next season.

Wasn't the best performances by the group today. If anything Mexico were a bit better on the ball, but we know they are decent at this age group from when we played them in (I think) the quarter final of last years word cup. They are very strong on the left and both Connolly and Kenny had a hard game, but did well overall.

Dowell was the stand out player for me. Playing in a surprisingly deeper role alongside Cook, everything decent we did went through him. He worked hard, did some good work defensively and his distribution was as good as you would expect. He also scored a good goal. But two things stood out for me today. Firstly, he had a number of very good strong runs carrying the ball (bearing in mind the Mexicans are no slouches), one in particular ended with him brilliantly setting up Abraham with an open goal that should have settled the game. But more importantly he was involved throughout. I've seen him play better games but I don't think I've seen him as consistently involved as he was today.

Surely needs to be part of the first team set up next season.

I'd be disappointed if brands and Silva hadn't been watching these games

Robinson off on 82 minutes with the game at 1-1. Overall had a more than decent performance, most of the game going against either Mbappe, Griezmann, or Dembele and attacking well when he could. One minor slip up but nothing major.

In my opinion he should be the back up here with either a new lb bought or ideally if Baines can give him one more season of development while he trains with the first team and plays cup games that would be my preference.

Robinson off on 82 minutes with the game at 1-1. Overall had a more than decent performance, most of the game going against either Mbappe, Griezmann, or Dembele and attacking well when he could. One minor slip up but nothing major.

In my opinion he should be the back up here with either a new lb bought or ideally if Baines can give him one more season of development while he trains with the first team and plays cup games that would be my preference.
Didn't see the game but noticed he was playing wing back in front of a back 3. I'd be happy with him in this role for the first team, but I don't think he's ready to play in a back 4 at the top level yet.

I wouldn't be too upset if he was back up to a new left back who isn't as injury prone as Baines.

Didn't see the game but noticed he was playing wing back in front of a back 3. I'd be happy with him in this role for the first team, but I don't think he's ready to play in a back 4 at the top level yet.

I wouldn't be too upset if he was back up to a new left back who isn't as injury prone as Baines.
I honestly hope this is how Silva's "4-3-3" shapes up most of the time, with the 6 dropping inbetween cbs to make my favorite formation a 5-2-3/3-4-3.

Really like what I have seen today from Dowell. Surely deserves a big chance in this pre-season. Was surprisingly good for me in a deeper midfield role. Not sure if he could play a box-to-box role, but for me he surely can play in a 4-3-3 midfield. Connolly was also decent in a wing-back role which does not really suit his qualities. Would also like to see him getting a chance in a month in our first team. On the other way Kenny was really poor in somehow weird role of a right centre half in 5 at the back defence. Needs to do better. Maybe it would not be that bad if both he and Davies would get a full year of playing on a loan.

Also was really pleased to see Robinson for the first time ever today. Looked really good against French offensive stars in a left wing back role in 5 at the back formation, was even quite an offensive threat and was unlucky to don't have an assist after a really decent cross. Don't really know if he is good enough to play PL football, but surely looks like a talent. Would not be surprised at all if Brands don't buy any left back before he sees him in the pre-season for our first team.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back