Everton Youth Teams Thread

Good reports on Dowell being involved throughout, that has been my worry for him.

I think Davies needs some confidence. Hopefully Brands and Silva can give him that this pre season. When he first came onto the scene he was brilliant, lovely pass and move and upped Barkleys game. I'm just hoping last season was a blip and a strong learning curve for him. Lets be honest, the foundations weren't exactly in place last season for youth to excel.

Really like what I have seen today from Dowell. Surely deserves a big chance in this pre-season. Was surprisingly good for me in a deeper midfield role. Not sure if he could play a box-to-box role, but for me he surely can play in a 4-3-3 midfield. Connolly was also decent in a wing-back role which does not really suit his qualities. Would also like to see him getting a chance in a month in our first team. On the other way Kenny was really poor in somehow weird role of a right centre half in 5 at the back defence. Needs to do better. Maybe it would not be that bad if both he and Davies would get a full year of playing on a loan.

Also was really pleased to see Robinson for the first time ever today. Looked really good against French offensive stars in a left wing back role in 5 at the back formation, was even quite an offensive threat and was unlucky to don't have an assist after a really decent cross. Don't really know if he is good enough to play PL football, but surely looks like a talent. Would not be surprised at all if Brands don't buy any left back before he sees him in the pre-season for our first team.
Kennys been good in that position this tournament. Today he was up against probably the 2 stand out players in tge whole tournament who ooerate mainly down Mexicos left. Their top scorer and brilliantly tricky left winger. Our 2 lads did very well against them overall and restricted them to 1 goal in 2 games.

I would echo the above comments on Dowell , thought he had a very bright game. Second half England played quite defensively with Dowell further back , doing more defensive work and played match on left side of midfield which made him use his right foot more, including the goal he scored. He can be quite disciplined when asked to be while retaining the deft flicks and passes. Well done to all our lads in Toulon.

I would echo the above comments on Dowell , thought he had a very bright game. Second half England played quite defensively with Dowell further back , doing more defensive work and played match on left side of midfield which made him use his right foot more, including the goal he scored. He can be quite disciplined when asked to be while retaining the deft flicks and passes. Well done to all our lads in Toulon.
His best form for Forest came playing a central and sllghtly withdrawn role. He gets more involved there thats for sure.

Hope Silva can work him out because we have a player on our hands if he can.

To do a bit of wishful thinking / use some Football Manager logic, I think sending Robinson on loan to either a lowly Premier League side or top Championship side would be a good idea.

Fulham don't have a LB with Targett going back to Southampton so that would be an ideal choice.

I see that one of our supposed “ targets” , George Hirst the Sheff Wed U23s striker , has gone off to Belgian second-tier side OH Leuven. There’s a suggestion that it may be a way of nullifying Development transfer fee ( by going abroad) and that he’ll end up a5 Leicester eventually.

I see that one of our supposed “ targets” , George Hirst the Sheff Wed U23s striker , has gone off to Belgian second-tier side OH Leuven. There’s a suggestion that it may be a way of nullifying Development transfer fee ( by going abroad) and that he’ll end up a5 Leicester eventually.
Same owners.

I remember Spurs doing something similar with another Belgian club to sign a United left-back a few years ago. Never worked out for the player at Spurs mind.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back