Everton Youth Teams Thread

He’s just Dowell but younger and right-footed.
That’s an interesting comparison, and he certainly has the same ability of cutting back inside from his wing , then using his stronger foot to curl the ball into the net. But he’s faster and more predatory than Dowell , goals are his thing. An interesting season ahead for him, no reason why he shouldn’t be scoring regularly at U23s level next season, despite our good results at U23s level we’ve not had a decent 10+ goals per season player recently.

That’s an interesting comparison, and he certainly has the same ability of cutting back inside from his wing , then using his stronger foot to curl the ball into the net. But he’s faster and more predatory than Dowell , goals are his thing. An interesting season ahead for him, no reason why he shouldn’t be scoring regularly at U23s level next season, despite our good results at U23s level we’ve not had a decent 10+ goals per season player recently.

Oh yeh I was being completely simplistic there in the comparison but they are super similar players for me. Excited to see how we line up with the U23’s this year. I want to see Mampala kick on with Hornby up front (unless he gets a loan/first team).

Oh yeh I was being completely simplistic there in the comparison but they are super similar players for me. Excited to see how we line up with the U23’s this year. I want to see Mampala kick on with Hornby up front (unless he gets a loan/first team).
Yep, U23s should be exciting, Mampala kicked on in the final few months of last season but for me had failed to make an impact before - I’m expecting decent 2nd year Scholars to be kicking on the door of U23s selection like Hornby was.
We should be getting the new list of 1st year Scholars in the next few days, potentially 5 or 6 decent kids amongst them based on their impact for us and their countries.

Yep, U23s should be exciting, Mampala kicked on in the final few months of last season but for me had failed to make an impact before - I’m expecting decent 2nd year Scholars to be kicking on the door of U23s selection like Hornby was.
We should be getting the new list of 1st year Scholars in the next few days, potentially 5 or 6 decent kids amongst them based on their impact for us and their countries.

...Anthony Gordon has to be the one to watch, really looking forward to seeing if he continues his rapid development. Not 18 until February but already part of a EL first team.

Does seem to have potential this lad, what do you think of Anthony Evans? had a good season last year for the under 23's

..it looked at one stage like he would be leaving but was eventually rewarded with a new contract. I like Evans, reminds me a bit of Mick Channon in his running style. It would take a massive leap of faith seeing him make the step up but you never know, he plays without fear, is a good runner and can score goals.

Don't know if this has been mentioned - reached the semi-finals.

http://akademiakghm.com/news/2018-05-15/kghm-cup-za-nami

Aktualności
KGHM Cup za Nami!
15.05.2018 08:54
Dwa dni międzynarodowego grania. Dziesięc zespołów z całej Europy. Zacięta rywalizacja, ale w zgodzie z zasadami Fair Play. Za Nami czwarta edycja KGHM Cup i w tym roku triumfowali goście z Cardiff.
Akademię Piłkarską KGHM Zagłębie reprezentował zespół U15 trenerów Piotra Stańko i Krzysztofa Ciuksy. Nasi zawodnicy co prawda odpadli w fazie grupowej, niemniej na boisku pozostawili bardzo dobre wrażenie. Ostatecznie zagraliśmy o piąte miejsce w turnieju i ten mecz wygraliśmy. W finale rozgrywek walijskie Cardiff City pokonało czeską Slavię Praga 1:0 i to wyspiarze triumfowali w piątek edycji KGHM Cup.
Organizatorzy przyznali także nagrody indywidualne. Najlepszym strzelcem został Tyler Onyango z Evertonu FC, najlepszym zawodnikiem wybrano Ntanza Mayembe z Cardiff City, a najlepszym bramkarzem okazał się Robin Roefs z NEC Nimegen.
Poniżej podsumowanie rozgrywek.
Grupa A
AS Trencin - Everton FC 0 : 1
Usti n/Labem - NEC Nijmegen 2 : 5
NEC Nijmegen - Everton FC 0 : 2
Zagłębie Lubin - Usti n/Labem 4 : 0
Everton FC - Zagłębie Lubin 2 : 1
NEC Nijmegen - AS Trencin 1 : 2
Zagłębie Lubin - AS Trencin 1 : 0
Usti n/Labem - Everton FC 0 : 0
Usti n/Labem - AS Trencin 3 : 2
Zagłębie Lubin - NEC Nijmegen 0 : 1
Grupa A
  1. Everton FC 4 mecze 10 pkt. B 5-1 1 m.
  2. NEC Nijmegen 4 mecze 6 pkt. B 7-6 2 m.
  3. Zagłębie Lubin 4 mecze 6 pkt. B 6-3 3 m.
  4. Usti n/Labem 4 mecze 4 pkt. B 5-10 4 m.
  5. AS Trencin 4 mecze 1 pkt. B 4-7 5 m.
Grupa B
Cardiff City - Royal Antwerp 0 : 0
Jagiellonia Białystok - Slavia Praga 2 : 3
Karpaty Lviv - Jagiellonia Białystok 1 : 0
Slavia Praga - Royal Antwerp 2 : 0
Slavia Praga - Cardiff City 0 : 1
Karpaty Lviv - Royal Antwerp 3 : 1
Jagiellonia Białystok - Royal Antwerp 1 : 0
Karpaty Lviv - Cardiff City 0 : 1
Slavia Praga - Karpaty Lviv 2 : 1
Cardiff City - Jagiellonia Białystok 1 : 0
Grupa B
  1. Cardiff City 4 mecze 10 pkt. B 3-0 1 m.
  2. Slavia Praga 4 mecze 9 pkt. B 7-2 2 m.
  3. Karpaty Lviv 4 mecze 6 pkt. 5-4 3 m.
  4. Jagiellonia Białystok 4 mecze 3 pkt. 3-5 4 m.
  5. Royal Antwerp 4 mecze 1 pkt. 1-6 5 m.

Faza pucharowa
(A3 - B4) Zagłębie Lubin - Jagiellonia Białystok 3:0 (Szafranek, Żmuda, K. Sobczak)
(B3 - A4) FK Usti nad Labem - Karpaty Lwów 1:0 (Kubin)
(B2) - (A1) Slavia Praga - Everton 2:1 (Kordiak, Behensky - Onyango)
(B1) - (A2) Cardiff City FC - NEC Nijmegen 1:0 (Mayembe)
Mecz o 5. miejsce
Zagłębie Lubin - FK Usti nad Labem 2:1
Mecz o 7. miejsce
Jagiellonia Białystok - Karpaty Lwów 0:0 (4:3k)
Mecz o 3. miejsce
Everton FC - NEC Nijmegen 3:0
Mecz o 9. miejsce
AS Trencin - Royal FC 2:4
Mecz FINAŁOWY:
Cardiff - Slavia Praga 1:0

Źródło: MW
Foto: Tomasz Folta, Piotr Dziurman
Podziel się | Facebook Twitter Blip NK

...Anthony Gordon has to be the one to watch, really looking forward to seeing if he continues his rapid development. Not 18 until February but already part of a EL first team.

I have a rule that unless you are knocking on the door at 18 for the first team the chances of it being opened are low... maybe I've being ruined by Rooney and Barkley who were both basically men at 18. I have no idea what they look for when a player like Walsh who appeared to the the most influential player at youth level was not considered worth a go but Baningime was.

I think it's going to be very hard for the kids and more will fall away that "we" consider great. Without long enough to checkout the kids the management need to buy players they are sure can improve the team instead of gambling on a youngster Unsworth might be punting. I have no doubt Liam Walsh would have got a run or 2 with Moyes as we didn't have the budget.

Interesting to see what RLC said about Chelsea and that's why our best 18 and 19 year olds should be playing on loan every week. Can't beat a league game with something on the line. I find the whole youth thing absorbing and exciting but very disheartening at the same time when personal favourites drop off.

I find it a little frustrating when an excellent youth prospect is cut off by us purchasing a little more developed prospect off another club. Would our own player not have achieved the same level with the other club and the only difference is exposure.

Somehow this ended up in a dump of my ponderings.. so I'll end off by saying I hope one day we'll spunk £30m in little Liam's Walsh to come back!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back