Everton Youth Teams Thread

Seeing as martinez said he will be part of the summer first team squad then its fair to ask the question whether he may get a few mins here and there in the first team.

Clearly you think hes too young or useless so wont be involved with the first team which is contrary to what martinez has said last week...?

Whatever happens at this point of the super-league we have scored the most, conceded the least and are undefeated.

Either us or Boro (who won the regular league) would be worthy champions.

Zapata, Martinez said Ledson / Dowell had a future in our first team , he didn't indicate when but said they need to take "certain steps" first. Although age wise they may only have months separating them , Dowell has been a year behind because of the school year and I think that shows . He's certainly further from the 1st team than Ledson and in terms of physical development needs more.
We have 5 players in the England U18 squad, about 5 more in Wales/ Ireland squads , 3 in England u 17 squads, plus Galloway, Long, Jones on other age squad . That's from memory and inmay have missed people like Pennington ,Green not sure about their current international status. So I found Martinez 's dismissal of the u21 league in favour of loans a bit worrying. I would say that only Pennington has had a long , successful loan spell. Long and Green have done well but didn't play enough on loan, and players sitting on the bench at the likes of Hibs and Motherwell for me doesn't help them much. I'm sure Long got more out of scoring for the u21s the other night than sitting on the bench / not in squad at Brentford.

Anyway, my point is that with all these u18s next season we should have a good u21 team even given they will be underage. We need to use the loan-out system carefully and really decide if staying and being developed by our own coaches is better than sitting on the bench at a more physical league.

According to Soccerway website United won 4-2. It means as long as we don't lose by 7 goals to bottom of the table Man City we will be under 18 champions.

@england: England XI v Holland: P Woolston, J Yates, R Oxford (C), D Collinge, J Dasilva, T Arnold, H Kane, T Edun, M Edwards, C Willock, S Mavididi

@england: England subs v Holland: Will Huffer, Nathan Holland, Daniel Wright, Ike Ugbo, Easah Suliman, Layton Ndukwu

No Davies in the squad, guess his ankle is still swollen.

@england: England XI v Holland: P Woolston, J Yates, R Oxford (C), D Collinge, J Dasilva, T Arnold, H Kane, T Edun, M Edwards, C Willock, S Mavididi

@england: England subs v Holland: Will Huffer, Nathan Holland, Daniel Wright, Ike Ugbo, Easah Suliman, Layton Ndukwu

No Davies in the squad, guess his ankle is still swollen.

why's harry kane playing when he's a full international?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back