Everton Youth Teams Thread

Cheers for that , re FBs, I took that from Tait’s comments that we had two 16 year olds at FB to start with. Any further team comments particularly CBs, there was a photo with a few I recognised including including Kristensen another hit by injuries early last season.?
Yes, I had seen that Taity had said that, it was defo how it is mentioned earlier. All scholars got game time, pretty much 45 mins each. Think they are all desperate to get some game time. re CBs, Welch and Campbell for the first half, Thompson and Kristensen the second half.

Well he scored more as a 1st year than Simms, I’m hoping that we’ll expose him to the U23s more than we did Simms so less goals at u18 . A January loan for Simms, and the younger strikers stepping up works for me.

I think the time for a loan for Simms is now!
What is he going to gain playing for the U23s, which he has already done the past 18 months.
People at the club will pretty much have a gauge on if he is forst team potential or not, so its about a)primeing him for the first team with competitive game time, or b) trying to make as much money for him as possible by building his reputation in the mens game.
No one will buy a young kid from a team who isnt rated as the 'big 6' purely based on goals for under 18s & 21s

What is he going to gain playing for the U23s, which he has already done the past 18 months.
People at the club will pretty much have a gauge on if he is forst team potential or not, so its about a)primeing him for the first team with competitive game time, or b) trying to make as much money for him as possible by building his reputation in the mens game.
No one will buy a young kid from a team who isnt rated as the 'big 6' purely based on goals for under 18s & 21s

I would send him out on loan too but he's only had 1 full year with u23s

Yes, I had seen that Taity had said that, it was defo how it is mentioned earlier. All scholars got game time, pretty much 45 mins each. Think they are all desperate to get some game time. re CBs, Welch and Campbell for the first half, Thompson and Kristensen the second half.
Interesting , in the pre lock down u18 training video on the OS I saw Tait had Welch/ Campbell together, I guess they know each other’s play. So 5 promising CBs, with Hagan also playing RB , wonder who’ll emerge from the pack. Kristensen and Welch look like big units ,though none are small.

I’m more confident than in previous years that we’ll do the right thing for Simms. Training with the 1st team with input from Big Dunc is ideal for him but yeah he needs harder games to test him at some time.

Interesting , in the pre lock down u18 training video on the OS I saw Tait had Welch/ Campbell together, I guess they know each other’s play. So 5 promising CBs, with Hagan also playing RB , wonder who’ll emerge from the pack. Kristensen and Welch look like big units ,though none are small.
Welch and Campbell have come through in the same year group, so as you say 'they know how each other play' Thompson and Hagan have done the same, although last year Thompson and Welch were predominantly the CB pairing, with Thompson probably edging the most game time of them all over the season. It's going to be interesting this season to see who will emerge from the pack and push on to the U23s. They are all big lads with Thompson and Campbell a comfortable 6'2+ and Kristensen and Welch probably another 2-3 inchs

Welch and Campbell have come through in the same year group, so as you say 'they know how each other play' Thompson and Hagan have done the same, although last year Thompson and Welch were predominantly the CB pairing, with Thompson probably edging the most game time of them all over the season. It's going to be interesting this season to see who will emerge from the pack and push on to the U23s. They are all big lads with Thompson and Campbell a comfortable 6'2+ and Kristensen and Welch probably another 2-3 inchs
Yeah we do seem to be sticking their feet in fertiliser down at FF and growing them big. It’s always hard to tell unless you see them in the flesh but this time last year I was surprised that Hagan looked the smallest alongside Thompson and Welch . I knew little about Thompson but then he was getting the most starts over Hagan, then Hagan gets a pro contract quite early, then Kristensen. And Welch seems to have filled out a bit at the shoulders from last year. All good stuff and promising.

May sound a bit random, but I didnt realise how big Gibson is. Physically he looks ready. I know he's highly rated but do any of our regular youth viewers think he is? Is his best position LB or CB and what type of defender is he?

I'd say he's about 6 2, broad shoulders so yeh physically ready.
He won't be a left back, not a good one anyway

May sound a bit random, but I didnt realise how big Gibson is. Physically he looks ready. I know he's highly rated but do any of our regular youth viewers think he is? Is his best position LB or CB and what type of defender is he?

great to have him back.. really should see him in the first team set up... will be curious to see if Carlo fancies him. If he lives up to his potential when we signed him we could be sorted with CB between him, Holgate and Branthwaite.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back