Everton Youth Teams Thread

My days, they really aren’t. We’d love to kid ourselves that other clubs are crap at it to justify the crap we’ve had, but no. Please don’t call me slow pal because you can’t even keep up with your own arguments. Go and watch your Best of Ross Barkley DVD.

The season 17/18 where over half the total of those minutes was taken up by an aging Wayne Rooney on a farewell tour. A load more taken by Kenny having to cover for Coleman during his leg break, but then was dropped rapidly. The 17/18 season where we went from Koeman to Unsworth to Allardyce and had a quick flirt with relegation. Perhaps not the best argument for playing part time teams eh?
You chose the metric, not me. I think you’ve just got a little upset about a non point and can’t get over it. There’s some really good players coming through that I think we can all get excited about. Chin up

Come on then, name all these superstars premier league clubs have been producing in their droves recently.....
Try having a look at the England squad for one mate.
You chose the metric, not me. I think you’ve just got a little upset about a non point and can’t get over it. There’s some really good players coming through that I think we can all get excited about. Chin up
I can’t wait to see them turn out for whatever dross is in League One in 5 years like all the other ‘really good’ players that we have at 16. If you can’t see how it all ties in though, don’t worry.

I’ll be sure to say my prayers extra hard that I didn’t get a roasting from lads that think playing part time teams is in any way shape or form a worthwhile endeavour for players that should be striving to make the step up to the sharp end of the elite level.

I’ll also share a word of caution to others that work in the development of elite athletes that their bafflement over the fact we essentially played one of the world’s most pointless games, especially from the perspective of massively sub-optimal physical and tech/tac demands, means they know jackshit, because some lads on a forum say...

We might have the worlds best set of 16-19 year olds, but this clubs inability to actually push lads on to become Senior squad lynchpins totally negates that. The club is very, very bad at this. In the past 10 years we’ve had Tom Davies as the highlight of our system. Sorry if I’m not overly excited about it and think that game was essentially the perfect summation of an underperforming, badly designed and run youth system.
How many league teams would be interested in playing our under 23 team do you reckon? They’re playing against men, which many of them won’t have any/much experience of. It’s not perfect, but it’s really not a big deal.

How many league teams would be interested in playing our under 23 team do you reckon? They’re playing against men, which many of them won’t have any/much experience of. It’s not perfect, but it’s really not a big deal.
I’d hazard a few professional teams would, especially further down the leagues into the non-league Pro teams. It’s not a big deal in of itself but it’s indicative of the problems at the club.

I’d hazard a few professional teams would, especially further down the leagues into the non-league Pro teams. It’s not a big deal in of itself but it’s indicative of the problems at the club.
Possibly. I honestly couldn’t comment on how good our youth set up is because I don’t see it in action. It doesn’t seem to me from the outside to be in bad shape If I’m honest but it’s impossible to judge properly.

By half you mean 5 out of 24 yeah? One of them being Pickford who technically broke through in a Premiership team. Again, do notice a dearth of Everton Academy Graduates in that squad.

5?
Pope
Walker
Mings
Dier
Gomez
Philips
Ings

So around a third.
Producing quality players isn't as easy as you seem to think unfortunately.
Yes we could obviously do better but as I said earlier no premier league club is great at it.
City and Chelsea put mega money into it and are maybe only starting to see results.
United always been good and even they've had lean periods until recently.

The u18s/u23s fixtures list should be out next few days, I can see something that says Everton u18s play man city u18s in 2nd game [sep 19th], and the u23s game v City is oct 3rd at home, screw it,give the heads up list in a minute
Mersey derby is 1st game for u23s

Last edited:
U18S AND U23S WROTE OUT FIXTURE LIST BELOW -THEY ARE NOT EVEN OUT YET-so days/times may change as usual

1598693891808.png

EVERTON U23S

Sat Sep 12 Liverpool A
Sat Sep 19 Leicester City H
Sat Sep 26 Derby County H
Sat Oct 3 Manchester City A
Sat Oct 17 Tottenham Hotspur H
Sat Oct 24 Manchester United A
Sat Nov 7 Chelsea H
Sat Nov 21 Arsenal A
Sat Nov 28 Blackburn Rovers A

Sat Dec 12 West Ham United H
Sat Dec 19 Brighton & Hove Albion A
Sat Jan 9 Southampton H
Sat Jan 16 Liverpool H
Sat Jan 23 Leicester City A

Sat Jan 30 Derby County A
Sat Feb 6 Manchester City H
Sat Feb 13 Tottenham Hotspur A
Sat Feb 20 Manchester United H

Sat Mar 13 Chelsea A
Sat Mar 20 Arsenal H

Sat Apr 10 Blackburn Rovers H
Sat Apr 17 West Ham United A
Sat Apr 24 Brighton & Hove Albion H
Sat May 1 Southampton A

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back