Everton Youth Teams Thread

The u18s game in the the 4th round v Preston is on the weekend the u18s derby was due to be played-so thats going to be changed,our u23s game monday night stays as it is [was due to move if southport drew there cup game today],and the man city u23s went back above us at the top till monday night as they came from behind to beat Reading today-watched bits of that city game as they stream all home u18s on there youth team page on facebook

Everton u23s looking to go back with a win tonight are playing home to Leciester city,ko is 7pm

EVERTON U23S

Hewelt, Kenny (c), Jones, Connolly, Browning, Grant, Davies, Charsley, Dyson, Dowell, Niasse.
subs: Renshaw, Henen, Duffus, Evans, Robinson.

Everton u23s looking to go back with a win tonight are playing home to Leciester city,ko is 7pm

EVERTON U23S

Hewelt, Kenny (c), Jones, Connolly, Browning, Grant, Davies, Charsley, Dyson, Dowell, Niasse.
subs: Renshaw, Henen, Duffus, Evans, Robinson.
No Liam Walsh, is he injured or perhaps may figure tomorrow? Perhaps that's wishful thinking that Koeman may involve him....

No Liam Walsh, is he injured or perhaps may figure tomorrow? Perhaps that's wishful thinking that Koeman may involve him....
Yeah I was trying to remember if he'd played full 90 last Monday , and no Calvert-Lewin either ..... like you I had brief thoughts for both being in tomorrow's squad, unlikely to happen of course, but it's a double message that's sent, one of encouragement for the youngsters , one of " look over your shoulder , your time may soon be up" for any number of them who are underperforming. Guess we'll have to settle for Holgate maybe getting minutes.

Calvert-Lewis might make the bench if he's finally accepted we should be starting Lukaku and Valencia up front right now.

...both will naturally look at the space beyond their back four meaning a huge gap with the central midfielders. When the opposition have the ball you virtually have a 9 man team unless Lukaku and/or Valencia are prepared to work their socks off. Harvey did it with his successful youth teams, when they lost the ball Jevons dropped into midfield. Very hard work.

Davies playing tonight,Hello Tom Cleverley tomorrow theno_O

..it is increasingly surprising Davies isn't involved. I can understand not changing the Gueye/Barry axis but he keeps rotating the likes of McCarthy, Cleverly and even Barkley, Mirallas and Deulofeu. I call it moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I would think Davies offers more of what Koeman likes than Cleverly and McCarthy but perhaps the manager doesn't rate him.

..it is increasingly surprising Davies isn't involved. I can understand not changing the Gueye/Barry axis but he keeps rotating the likes of McCarthy, Cleverly and even Barkley, Mirallas and Deulofeu. I call it moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I would think Davies offers more of what Koeman likes than Cleverly and McCarthy but perhaps the manager doesn't rate him.

Odd seeing as word coming out of the summer training camps was that Davies was making an enormous impression on management.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back