Everton Youth Teams Thread

Yeah hopefully this is the case for us this year . I remember reading a Daily Mail on line article showing the winners of the FA Youth Cup over the past few years and being surprised as to how few made it in each team , sometimes none . There was a RS team that won it two years in a row and there was only one player in both teams , Spearing , I'd heard of . I also remember the Villa side that beat us had two brothers , the Moores, who I followed for a few years but they didn't amount to much .... now that lad on the losing side with the "once a Blue always a Blue" T shirt....

Ive dug up the article , its an interesting game of spotting how many you remember at

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...p-titles-row-players-play-Premier-League.html

...it's more historical. Saying that, I think the West Ham side that beat us had Joe Cole and Michael Carrick. I think Newcastle might have won it in Gascoigne's year and of course the famous Man Utd team.

was injured but has been back fit for a while, just cant get a game.

Nice one. I think his contract is up at the end of his season. Hopefully he can get himself back into the team.

I wonder if there's been a bit of a bottleneck with so few u23s going out on loan this year meaning the less u18s are playing up a level

team for tonight:
#EFCU18: Pierce, Moore, Harrington, Baningime, Lees, Feeney, Bramall, Kiersey, Hornby, Evans, Lavery (Hilton, Denny, Collins, Ball, Mampala)
It's nice when you get to that stage of the season when you know what our best team is, same as Saturday except Renshaw missing in goal. As ever our expectations are high, though in reality this is not as good as last season's Davies, Walsh, Connolly etc team that went out to Villa in the third round. Should be interesting, but we should be beating them easily on paper.

Re injuries, I wonder what's happened to Joe Williams , I saw it was his 20th birthday today. Is he injured? I'd have thought he would have played in the Hertha Berlin game if not, would have been ideal given the lack of combatitive midfielders we had that night.
Add Antonee Robinson to that too , maybe he can't get past Connolly at LB , maybe injured . I just wish they provided a better update on these youngsters.

It's nice when you get to that stage of the season when you know what our best team is, same as Saturday except Renshaw missing in goal. As ever our expectations are high, though in reality this is not as good as last season's Davies, Walsh, Connolly etc team that went out to Villa in the third round. Should be interesting, but we should be beating them easily on paper.

...as I mentioned earlier, a few of the Tranmere team were in the Liverpool Schoolboy squad that won the prestigious national cup at U15 so a couple of them might be useful. Heard good reports about young Cringle but hopefully there is a gap in quality.

Re injuries, I wonder what's happened to Joe Williams , I saw it was his 20th birthday today. Is he injured? I'd have thought he would have played in the Hertha Berlin game if not, would have been ideal given the lack of combatitive midfielders we had that night.
Add Antonee Robinson to that too , maybe he can't get past Connolly at LB , maybe injured . I just wish they provided a better update on these youngsters.

williams had a set back, out for another while unfortunately
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/727989/Joe-Williams-Everton-EFC-Injury-News

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back