Everton Youth Teams Thread

Comments(0)
....great news, cheers. Sounds like he hit a terrific volley earlier in the half.

Indeed. I'm always interested to see how they're set up, and while I'm sure they'll change about looks like 4-2-3-1, with Hornby up front, Bramall right, Lavery left , Evans in 10 role, Baningime/ Kiersey the two DFMs

27 - That would have been a stunning goal! Bramall clips a corner into the box and Hornby connects crisply on the volley, but it's straight at keeper Wharton. Anywhere else and that surely would have been the opener.

23 - Midway through this first half and Everton have just about shaded it so far. Shayne Lavery has shown his pace with a run down the left and Antony Evans bravely contested a header following a deep corner. Fraser Hornby, who has netted two hat-tricks in recent weeks, is leading the forward line well too.

Comments(0)

AWAY TO PRESTON IN ROUND 4 ON SAT 14TH JAN

Great control and long through ball from Baningime for the first goal, and Hornby looks like he's making the transition up to being a striker the way he ran the channel to get on the end of it. Throw in his strikers build and it will be interesting to see just how much he develops this season.

@blueloon what's your view on Shayne Lavery? He seems to be going well going by the reports.
Well if you think last nights team was our best at u18 then if I had to chose the best five I'd say Feeney, Baningime, Evans, Hornby and Lavery. Lavery at times looks really sharp and has the pace to run away from defenders , shoots well and scores goals. It's hard to figure which role he'll be best at , athough "chunky" he s not tall enough to lead the line and when he's played out wide e.g. with Hornby and Evans more central , he tends to be more direct with his runs at goal , using his pace to get in a shot . Whereas an out and out wide player like Bramall has the trickery as well as the pace and gets crosses in which Lavery doesn't. So his best position is probabaly 9/10 but tough competition for those spots.

I like him for his pace , directness and ability to score goals but ..... this has all been shown at u18 level, he's still to prove himself at a higher level and it's hard to see him getting game time for the U23s this season unless we ship a few out on loan come January.

Great control and long through ball from Baningime for the first goal, and Hornby looks like he's making the transition up to being a striker the way he ran the channel to get on the end of it. Throw in his strikers build and it will be interesting to see just how much he develops this season.
Hi mate have you watched ty browning lately how fit is he could he be ready for first team fitness wise he couldn't do much worse than this shower.

Hi mate have you watched ty browning lately how fit is he could he be ready for first team fitness wise he couldn't do much worse than this shower.
Like a lot of others , only the televised game against Southampton, plus a few clips here and there. Fitness wise he looked fine, he looks like he's bulked up a bit more during his lay off, he had a big frame already. Unsy seems to think he's not far away from full match fitness , so fitness wise he's ok. Although his partnership with Holgate looked sound , you wouldn't start them together at PL level and both play right CB so if anything you'd think it would be a choice between the two for one position , assuming RK is thinking that way which is always doubtful.

Like a lot of others , only the televised game against Southampton, plus a few clips here and there. Fitness wise he looked fine, he looks like he's bulked up a bit more during his lay off, he had a big frame already. Unsy seems to think he's not far away from full match fitness , so fitness wise he's ok. Although his partnership with Holgate looked sound , you wouldn't start them together at PL level and both play right CB so if anything you'd think it would be a choice between the two for one position , assuming RK is thinking that way which is always doubtful.
Was thinking Brownings pace & physicality would be useful against Liverpool or arsenal as we look so pedestrian & are far too deep although playing would most likely kill his confidence

Was thinking Brownings pace & physicality would be useful against Liverpool or arsenal as we look so pedestrian & are far too deep although playing would most likely kill his confidence

..I'm not convinced of Brownings decision making as a central defender. I fear for him against the quality of forward he'll be up against at Premirpership level even if he is a great athlete. Saying that, 1 win in 10 isn't an argument for any of the current squad.

..I'm not convinced of Brownings decision making as a central defender. I fear for him against the quality of forward he'll be up against at Premirpership level even if he is a great athlete. Saying that, 1 win in 10 isn't an argument for any of the current squad.
Definitely but I was more thinking either in a 3 or full back. I really do fear for the scoreline in our next 2 games

He did a job on sterling in the derby

A good result got us in the FA u18 league with City beating Blackburn meaning we get close to breaking in to the super group following our slow start.

Also, a cracking FAYC draw gave us a very winnable tie whilst only 1 of City, Reading, Palace or the RS will get thru.

Finally my lads team beat Liverpool 6-0 in a tournament this morning, following in from a 6-0 league win earlier in the season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back