Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Firstly, I firmly believe we will get tonked regardless of any business we do. There is no evidence this preseason to suggest otherwise.

A draw would be a good result for me.

That said, if we do win I reckon there would be heads rolling on both sides of the Pos-Neg-o-Meter.

The optimists will say we will defo finish above Spurs and we are ready for European places. We're gonna win the league and it's our year will ring out (mostly in jest).

The reasoned will say we are good enough...hoping for a few players to sign.

The pessimists/'realists' will say that the Club would view this as a reason not to spend money and it is a 'we go with what we have'. They will moan about the owner being a liar. The Esk will unfairly be slated. Koeman out shouts for sure. Transfer thread will still be insanity. The word relegation will be the top word used in the search feature.

That post goes wildly all over the place.

Speculating all over the place rather than answering the point.

What will people do on here if we win?

I think you over exaggerate everything there as well. I won't be claiming anything after one game. So you're wrong.

A milestone 1000 pages... And what has he done during that time.

Can't even get planning permission fast tracked through LCC for some cladding!!

Bill has jumped into the life boat before any women and children and left us in this state!

Please come back Bill! We need you.

You're right. I don't deserve the honor of dealing with mediocre internet trolls whilst supporting this mediocre soccer team. I deserve much more. I adopted this club because I was always attracted to the underdog, I could have easily supported United like everyone else, but these days theres too many disillusioned and whinging (poms) Everton fans for my liking. "You dont deserve the honor of calling yourself a blue" .... pleeeaaasssee like what have you won lol. To hell with mediocrity. To hell with this. Forza Milan. Over and out.

Less of the "whinging poms" comments please.

Have seen plenty of Australian and Kiwi heads fall off this summer already.

Thus no different.

I firmly believe now we have to write this season off as a rebuilding job, and acknowledge that our reputation as a club is holding us back.

We're clearly struggling to get players over the line despite being the best offer on the table, Koeman is probably finding it harder than he thought to undo all the 'good' work of Martinez, and everyone happens to have received money at the same time we did. All of which say to me that this season top 8 would be good.

Not remotely expecting to beat Spurs opening day, that XI is no better than last years team.

You're right. I don't deserve the honor of dealing with mediocre internet trolls whilst supporting this mediocre soccer team. I deserve much more. I adopted this club because I was always attracted to the underdog, I could have easily supported United like everyone else, but these days theres too many disillusioned and whinging (poms) Everton fans for my liking. "You dont deserve the honor of calling yourself a blue" .... pleeeaaasssee like what have you won lol. To hell with mediocrity. To hell with this. Forza Milan. Over and out.

To hell with mediocrity, and you go and support Milan?

Matter of time before this one ends up a Man City fan.

We had two very poor seasons never mind the cup semis as a result our attractiveness as a club to play for dived. It is this that makes it difficult to get quality players in and those we have to stay. The coming of Moshiri has in my mind been like a breath of fresh air. It takes time after the awful 2 year past to breathe that life into the club. I think it is being done and we should exercise patience there is no overnight fix.

Alright then, Roger - off you pop, give blagburn rovers our regards for the short time you spend giving them a go :bye:

343d169b3fd386ceb97f6d99b5acea1d.jpeg

So from what I'm reading, 2 months ago we were being sold this dream of mixing with Europe's elite again, top players arriving, no more plucky little everton. Now we're being told to stop getting excited, lower our expectations because we're in transition and it's a long term plan etc.

Nah not interested in any long term plan. If you are serious about getting us back to the top them prove it. Hiring a man to find bargain buys doesn't strike me as serious. So much backtracking and revisionism on show in here already. Quite a change from 2 to 3 months ago.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Nothing to stop Moshiri tying up commercial deals with his own group outside EFC and boosting the club's commercial income that way to provide wriggle room on wages. City did it a couple of seasons back and I'm sure it's a tactic adopted elsewhere.

Some truth in the above, though UEFA can, in theory at least, step in if they think a sponsorship deal is being done "between mates" to get round the rules. Main thing for me is that the Chang contract expires at the end of the 2016/17 season so, although there are other commercial avenues to look at over the next 12 months, I'd say our ( hopefully ) new commercial skills manage a step forward on the current deal with Chang which reflects both the extra TV exposure we're getting across the world and also our new ambitions as a club.

Also, IIRC, Everton's wages as a % of turnover is dramatically increased by outsourcing services. Again, that's something that could be looked at if squad investment were a priority.

Not sure that's really all that much of an issue mate.

Welcome back btw, though I was quite enjoying talking bollocks about you in the last couple of weeks (y)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back