Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Upgrade to FF paid for by the council, Alarm bells should have been ringing there and then

Goodison having a lick of paint and some new cladding is all down to him being able to drag in better sponsorship to line his pockets, A new stadium will never happen

We've been lied to from the start and this is just the beginning
tumblr_lzxiyu8Btb1qj3i85.gif

At the end of the day if it was always 'inevitable' we had to sell Stones why have we not been pro-active and signed players before we sold?

What was stopping us from bidding for Ashley Williams weeks ago. Oh right the euros, new manager, Steve Walsh, sorry don't buy into it.

Not saying we won't sign anyone, nor pushing the boat out and calling fraud, but selling Stones is a statement alright, just one of sell to buy, lacks of ambition

You've got the patience of a 12 year old mate.

The more mature amongst us will judge the transfer business conducted by the club this summer once the window has closed.

If it turns out not to be what we were all hoping and expecting, then we can have the post mortem once the dust has settled.

We more or less knew stones was off; it was pretty much a given.

The timing (Before anyone of note was signed) is abysmal. You can't blame people for being hacked off, or feeling that once again they've been had (Those that actually believed we'd buy before selling).

Me? I'm not remotely surprised, but then again, I'm what you might call 'desensitised' to it as much as others.

And that's why I won't go until kenwright's out altogether, and haven't for the last seven years.

The only upshot/saving grace is that this didn't drag on until the minutes before the deadline.

At the end of the day if it was always 'inevitable' we had to sell Stones why have we not been pro-active and signed players before we sold?

What was stopping us from bidding for Ashley Williams weeks ago. Oh right the euros, new manager, Steve Walsh, sorry don't buy into it.

Not saying we won't sign anyone, nor pushing the boat out and calling fraud, but selling Stones is a statement alright, just one of sell to buy, lacks of ambition

What do you expect the players we have gone for do?

We cant make them sign ffs.

What do you expect the players we have gone for do?

We cant make them sign ffs.
Really, so we couldn't have bid early for Ashley Williams if he was a main target - the Euros didn't stop Arsenal pursuing and biding for Vardy.

Same sentiments for other players, if we are being used as agent foder then move on. Instead we've stunk the place out and starting the season in a weaker position. If we beat Spurs the situation doesn't change, the season has started and yet again we haven't been pro-active

• Appointment of one of the finest managers in world football, a manager touted to be the replacement of Arsene Wenger at Arsenal and Luis Enrique of Barcelona.
  • The clearing of decade-old debts with liquid cash.
  • Public moves to buy our training ground.
  • Public moves to ensure that we have a new, purpose-built, 21st century standard stadium before the turn of the decade.
  • Appointment of one of the finest DoF's in world football, that single-handedly turned Leicester into Championship stragglers into Premier League Champions.
  • The promise of long-term squad investment, with obvious moves being made to secure the services of one of our finest players in Romelu Lukaku.
And yet our heads are falling off.

Embarrassing.

Get a grip, all of you.

*Remembers there's a swear filter .

'One of the finest managers in world football'.

You joker.

Really, so we couldn't have bid early for Ashley Williams if he was a main target - the Euros didn't stop Arsenal pursuing and biding for Vardy.

Same sentiments for other players, if we are being used as agent foder then move on. Instead we've stunk the place out and starting the season in a weaker position. If we beat Spurs the siuation doesn't change, the season has started and yet again we haven't been pro-active

Maybe he wasnt a main target. Hence my point.
We cant make our main one's sign, so we go for our next.
Its not rocket science.

Hes only a main target because the press have said so?!

Absolute rubbish.

We more or less knew stones was off; it was pretty much a given.

The timing (Before anyone of note was signed) is abysmal. You can't blame people for being hacked off, or feeling that once again they've been had (Those that actually believed we'd buy before selling).

Me? I'm not remotely surprised, but then again, I'm what you might call 'desensitised' to it as much as others.

And that's why I won't go until kenwright's out altogether, and haven't for the last seven years.

The only upshot/saving grace is that this didn't drag on until the minutes before the deadline.
Or it could be that we didn't seek to complete on a CB replacement until we'd finally done a deal with City and Stones was 100% gone?

We put how much on the table for Witsel?

We'll see how it pans out come the 1st Sept mate, but some of the shouts today are well premature imo.

Personally I still expect us to have a large net outlay this window, the timings of the deals are largely out of our hands.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back