Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I'm finding the fraud shouts slightly OTT, myself. Could it be that the problem is that the board has remained largely the same?

Yes the new owner is in place, but until there are wholesale changes to the actual board, then nothing much will alter.

I think once Moshiri has his own men on the board, we will then see a sea change in the club.

What do you expect the players we have gone for do?

We cant make them sign ffs.

No, you're right - we can't make them sign.

But I don't blame people for taking the view that it appears to be another method of pulling the wool over people's eyes...Make bold statements about players not being sold and having transfer pots...Go for new players...Players appear to stall...Don't bother forcing the issue or looking elsewhere.

Meanwhile, sell biggest asset...Receive moolah....Convince same players (that were apparently stalling) that we can now offer them inflated wages.

No, you're right - we can't make them sign.

But I don't blame people for taking the view that it appears to be another method of pulling the wool over people's eyes...Make bold statements about players not being sold and having transfer pots...Go for new players...Players appear to stall...Don't bother forcing the issue or looking elsewhere.

Meanwhile, sell biggest asset...Receive moolah....Convince same players (that were apparently stalling) that we can now offer them inflated wages.

What have Everton had to say in any of that? They havent.

Its all papers mate.

I'm finding the fraud shouts slightly OTT, myself. Could it be that the problem is that the board has remained largely the same?

Yes the new owner is in place, but until there are wholesale changes to the actual board, then nothing much will alter.

I think once Moshiri has his own men on the board, we will then see a sea change in the club.
If there's an issue around transfer dealings and the pace at which they're being conducted, then for me that would lie with Elstone.

You've got the patience of a 12 year old mate.

The more mature amongst us will judge the transfer business conducted by the club this summer once the window has closed.

If it turns out not to be what we were all hoping and expecting, then we can have the post mortem once the dust has settled.

'The more mature of us'

Are you legally dead?

You wrote that he has the patience of a 12 year old....

How embarrassing

Can't be bothered replying in full to this cause it is absolute rubbish, we didn't need to sell anyone let alone potentially a future great. Do you honestly think Pep G would have signed him if he wasn't or will be the finished article. Didn't see no transfer request this season neither, to be fair to lad even though he put one in last season (who could blame with RM in charge!) once it was rejected he didn't kick up a fuss and knuckled down for another tear with us.
Absolute stinks this pre season and the so called new era is a joke at the moment
I hate double negative sentences ; especially posted by one of the hundreds of negative posters that have descended in the last couple of months like the ten plagues visited upon Egypt.

Maybe he wasnt a main target. Hence my point.
We cant make our main one's sign, so we go for our next.
Its not rocket science.

Hes only a main target because the press have said so?!

Absolute rubbish.

So between the window opening and the season starting we have identified/signed 2 targets?

We have a scouting network in place, who can liaise with Koeman throughout pre-season. We also have targets Koeman would have considered from Southampton -not to say they're what Everton require- so after initial squad assessment we could make movea on them.

At the end of the day the point still stands, if it was 'inevitable' stones would be sold why not sign replacements first. If we can't sign the replacements then Stones stays - 3yrs on his contract if he wants a move he'll have to play for it anyway - then pick it up again in January after we get replacements in.

We haven't

Good god, even in 2004 when Rooney left there wasn't this much fume.

IT'S STONES! We've just scored a king's ransom for a pish-poor excuse of a "Beckenbauer" and will add to squad depth. The deal only went through today, and people are expecting huge names to instantly waltz through the door.

Anyone here moaning about Stones leaving, just watch highlights of January's game vs Swansea... £47.5m my arpse!

So between the window opening and the season starting we have identified/signed 2 targets?

We have a scouting network in place, who can lias with Koeman throughout pre-season. We also have targets Koeman would have considered from Southampton -not to say they're what Everton require- so after initial squad assessment we could make movea on them. At the end of the day the point still stands, if it was 'inevitable' stones would be sold why not sigh replacements first. If we can sign the replacements then Stones stays - 3yrs on his contract if he wants a move he'll have to play for it anyway - then pick it up again in January after we get replacements in.

We haven't

Sorry, I am not sure if I made my point clear.

These replacements; take Koulibaly. What if he doesnt sign or says let me have a few weeks to think about it?
Do you potentially buy someone (Williams whoever) in the period he is waiting or the club are negotiating .Or do you give him a few weeks knowing he is going to cost the club approx £75m in terms of wages, fees etc over his contract AND he is your main target?
Its not the clubs fault if they do this and he says no.

Especially at the price they would invest.

So you go onto your next target..etc.

I can see your points but the club shouldnt be spending £££ on players just for the sake of it; especially if RK has said that Williams is a secondary target.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back