Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
kenwright has a minute amount of shares, and is still very ill.

His chairman role is to one, help out Moshiri until he brings in his own people, and two as a gesture of good will.
We don't know what BK has left in the way of shares to be fair - we know that between himself an JW they have about 18.1 % so it is conceivable that BK still has about 10%.
I agree with the transitional arrangement, but don't think goodwill enters into it - continuity, a perceived value as a figurehead and possibly part of the deal are my thoughts.

all moshiri has to do is get some smaller shareholders on his side, or even purchase some small shares and he's the big boss anyway. He's literally just being respectful.

I still expect usmanov to have some part to play in the next few months, though.
Don't think it will be long,if Wenger keeps choking in trying to win the league

I still expect usmanov to have some part to play in the next few months, though.

It is fully possible and probable that Moshiri is following his own desires and already must have his own business ventures separate from Usmanov already. He is a billionaire in his own right. Maybe they will do each other favours between the two clubs though on occasion, as people do. I do not see Usmanov switching from Arsenal to Everton at all.

It is fully possible and probable that Moshiri is following his own desires and already must have his own business ventures separate from Usmanov already. He is a billionaire in his own right. Maybe they will do each other favours between the two clubs though on occasion, as people do. I do not see Usmanov switching from Arsenal to Everton at all.
Guess we will wait and see mate.

When I recall the rumours concerning the American consortium, Thai interest this development is the best scenario. Whilst I have criticised Bill in the past let me say now thanks Bill for bringing this deal off. I have no problem with you remaining as Chairman. What is most important is the well being of Everton FC. Unlike DaveK I am not a perennial pessimist but can see there is now more potential for our club to progress. In addition this news could have a beneficial effect on our players who might have been contemplating leaving in the summer.

Give this some time that is what we should look to, I am sure plans will emerge.

On the subject of the 49.9% holding, I think but not entirely sure but if the holding had gone over 50% then Moshiri could perhaps have been required to buy more shares under I think certain financial rules. Esk may know more about this.

Over the years I have been just as annoyed with Kenwright and his cronies as the next person, but I can't help but be over the moon with this. Despite his clear failings as chairman of the club, Bill has shown to still have the ultimate interests of the club at heart, even if he does want to make money out of it. Which businessman doesn't?

Those saying it's not really a change need to think again. A ruthless billionaire who has made their fortune from scratch, taking circa 50% of the club, dwarfing any other stakeholder's shares, not having the main say is ridiculous. For me, this move is just the start in what will likely be a longer term, gradual takeover. First things first will be discussions with potential stadium partners/ planners, investment in first team, clearing debt and other commercial duties. Once that's done, I'm sure more investment will follow. He hasn't spent £200m on 49.9% of the club to be an onlooker ala Robert Earl, and all signs suggest the spare change he has from his sale of his Arsenal shares, will be used on the stuff I've mentioned.

Woods and Kenwright are just there to oversee transition in my eyes, and despite all the ire I've had for him over the years, I'm more than happy to have that 'comfort blanket' in place while the first changes are made.

That's all my opinion though, and like 99.9% of us, in reality, I know naff all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back