Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He doesn't have to inform us of anything, you'd like to be informed, but in reality he doesn't. He needs to inform the board and pass the motion.

He can present a plan to the fans for the forthcoming years of what he'd like to achieve, but it won't even come close to what's going on behind the scenes or what he actually wants to do.

His first priority should be the business model and commercial contracts we have in place, looking into increasing growth through these avenues. But again, that's nothing to do with you or me, unless you've just purchased a fat wedge of shares in Everton.
Ha Ha Ha.

Unreal.

The People's Club.

We're there's caution they're should be anticipation and optimism exitement.
We've waited for this Dave for over ten years ten bloody years! So let's for once all rally together as Evertonians and hope this is the beginning of a new era for our club and the giant is slowly waking
I'm in agreement. I just want no sliding back to yesterday's Politburo presentation.

@The Esk wrote a piece about what we should expect from the new owners in terms of communicating their vision. That's all I'm doing here: underlining that.

I'm sure they will too. But as someone with a deep knowledge of what's gone on here in the past 12 months, I'm sure you'd agree that we need (once this has gone through with the PL) a full announcement concerning stadium plans? As you revealed yesterday, he's had a long time to get his plan together for this move into Everton and that has to have involved negotiations with LCC, and Anderson in particular.
I doubt we'll get them a day after that mate?

"Kenwright and fellow director Jon Woods are set to remain on the board, although Robert Earl could leave".

We can only hope Earl gets the size 8 up his jacksie

Fingers crossed you're right. I'm sure you are. But my point is that we should EXPECT that level of communication whereas some here seem to be wetting themselves with the simple knowledge of a change of less than 50% of shares and assuming it all gets magically done and we dont need to be told.

We've had enough of the Everton mushroom treatment for years. New broom has to come in and sweep that away. But we have the usual suspects still in situ and I expect absolutely no communication beyond the usual Billy BS soundbite.

I agree mate, I expect communication too and for the first time in a very long time I believe we will get that 100% from this fella.

He's not walking into the unknown here, he will have done his homework on the club, squad and fans and will have a sense of what's needed and more importantly I believe, how to get the fans all singing the same hymn and that will be with good communication and transparency with what our new goals and aims are.

Be patient mate, plenty of time to kick off if nothing comes of this and everything remains the same....but I personally think yesterday is just the very start of something special and we've just moved the goalposts in our favour for a change ;)

Read what's been posted and some excellent points.
Someone asked how much financially better off would the club be without Prudential/JG loans, and I was surprised by the answers given as the immediate assumption was that they would be paid off by interest free means (share issue/interest free loan) with no evidence to back this up
The real advantage in getting rid of the Pru has nothing to do with loan repayments, but is in regaining the ability to make decisions about Goodison development which are currently in the hands of the mortgage holder.
JG Funding type loan could have become redundant by August 2017 depending on transfer activity. Assimung it's currently 20 mil with increased TV money of 30 mil, pay down the capital by replacing it with a 10 mil loan for 16/17 season and not at all in 17/18.
So the answer is that it is possible that the profit figure could be worse and remain worse if these debts are replaced by interest bearing long term debt.
How much to pay them off - Prudential will have penalty clauses, possibly quite high, but at the last accounts there was about 20mil outstanding.
JG (Sports Media or whatever), never seen the documentation, don't know what's outstanding but assume 20 mil. Again, probably penalty clauses, so given it will have less than 6 months to run may well not be worth paying it off.
One thing is certain in my opinion - there is no advantage switching the JG type loan to long term interest bearing debt just to pay it off.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back