Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I'm hearing this a lot, but it confounds the info we have that this has been in place provisionally for 12 months. So, no, I dont feel the need to give this feller a lot of slack on making key announcements.

Once the PL ratify this deal then we should have an exhaustive account from him and the club concerning the plan he's got for us.

We're not Accrington Stanley, we are Everton and we deserve to be treated like the 4th most successful club in English history. Our fans have to be consulted about all this. Silence and just moving on to the summer with vague wish lists wont cut it, I'm afraid.

I agree with what your saying mate and give it a few days and I reckon we will get a lot of the answers to your questions.

I don't think Everton would have confirmed the new shareholder so abruptly yesterday if it wasn't for all the leaks coming out about it yesterday morning.

I would like to think in the coming days a lot if information will be given, in particular plans for the stadium which I'm 100% Moshiri will be well aware of and will also be confident of being able to do something about it.

Good times could be just around the corner,we've waited 20 odd years mate so a few more days won't hurt us ;)

Do you not think that Moshiri will need to get himself and his people through the door, start running the club & assess the complexities of the situation before he can give an exhaustive account of his plans?

I would be more suspicious if he came in guns blazing and promised us the world.
I dont expect a shovel in the ground and I'm not demanding it. I do think it entirely reasonable that without ever having sat in the boardroom he'd have a plan of action he'd like to inform us of.

I dont see how that can be a problem.

I agree with what your saying mate and give it a few days and I reckon we will get a lot of the answers to your questions.

I don't think Everton would have confirmed the new shareholder so abruptly yesterday if it wasn't for all the leaks coming out about it yesterday morning.

I would like to think in the coming days a lot if information will be given, in particular plans for the stadium which I'm 100% Moshiri will be well aware of and will also be confident of being able to do something about it.

Good times could be just around the corner,we've waited 20 odd years mate so a few more days won't hurt us ;)
That's the spirit macca:)

...and still the substantive point stands: he's been negotiating for 12 months - we know this. In that time he has to surely have a detailed plan of where we go from here.

As said, once the Pl blessing comes his way he has to inform us in depth about what the future holds under his effective ownership.

Not unreasonable.
How do we know he's been negotiating for 12 months?

...and still the substantive point stands: he's been negotiating for 12 months - we know this. In that time he has to surely have a detailed plan of where we go from here.

As said, once the Pl blessing comes his way he has to inform us in depth about what the future holds under his effective ownership.

Not unreasonable.
Well put. The fact the club have been able to keep this quite successfully under wraps means I'm sure further talks have been taking place.

Once the deal has been ratified by the powers from above, I'm sure our new investor will be more open his plans for developing the club.

I think it's unfair to expect him to to simply come out with fireworks and the lot and claim we're going to amazing, when he's been quiet up to now.

Hi mate, I think this deal will allow us to do what most Evertonians have really only ever wished for. It should allow us to compete on far more even terms.

We won't be a Chelsea or City, (something I am pleased about) but will allow us to build on what we have and genuinely be in the mix for top 4 places not just being plucky outsiders.

I think it will take a couple of years at least to really see the benefits but it will certainly help us retain our key players this summer and add where we need to.

Off field we can start building commercial and sponsorship revenues and at last sort out the stadium issue.

I really think it is a wonderful opportunity. But it's an opportunity that needs to be grasped on the pitch as much as off it.

......we need to manage short term expectation and i agree with the sentiment 'it will take a couple of years to really see the benefits'. The 'keeping our best players' issue is more about creating a club where our best players want to stay. That might be another longer term objective, if the likes of Stones wants out again this summer it might be in the best interest of everybody if he moves on.

I dont expect a shovel in the ground and I'm not demanding it. I do think it entirely reasonable that without ever having sat in the boardroom he'd have a plan of action he'd like to inform us of.

I dont see how that can be a problem.

No I agree, I'm sure he will set out his vision, but to expect (as you put it) an "exhaustive account" may be wishful thinking. He is unlikely to going to make promises which he will not be certain he can fulfil.

Not unreasonable.

He doesn't have to inform us of anything, you'd like to be informed, but in reality he doesn't. He needs to inform the board and pass the motion.

He can present a plan to the fans for the forthcoming years of what he'd like to achieve, but it won't even come close to what's going on behind the scenes or what he actually wants to do.

His first priority should be the business model and commercial contracts we have in place, looking into increasing growth through these avenues. But again, that's nothing to do with you or me, unless you've just purchased a fat wedge of shares in Everton.

Google "farhad moshiri" "$2.8 billion"

I cannot paste links as I am on mobile.

People have been wondering how the deal has been done so swiftly and although Bill Kenwright mentioned knowing him for 18 months the fact that he is utterly loaded is a good explanation of how the deal was done so quickly.

The $2.8 billion figure was mentioned in a forbes football's richest billionaires article first in 2013, (nevermind 2016!), in number 4 on the list (Usmanov).

Billionaire Farhad Moshiri: Refuses to immediately confirm new stadium plans

MEGA-RICH new shareholder contrary to Everton fans reasonable demands has refused to immediately name the location, funding, and architecture of the new stadium.

BILLIONAIRE: Farhad Moshiri

Moshiri, 60, regarded as a ‘fantastic choice of owner’ by industry insiders, has expressed "[a new stadium] is not a priority at this time, I believe the home of Everton is at Goodison Park"

Asked by DaveK to commit within 24 hours of purchasing the club, Moshiri refused to comply with this seemingly reasonable request and this has confirmed Everton fans concerns that this is a hostile takeover and not one where fans can rightly expect progress within days rather than months.

The Iranian billionaire has bought a majority stake in a deal which values the club at around £175m.

Do you look for flaws in everything? I mean I'm a manic depressive but your worse than me Dave far worse!
It's called caution mate.

I think after all this time we have the perfect right to question every aspect of this deal that leaves pretty much everything in order for the foreseeable, dont you?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back