Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I have been doing a little digging and we are only going by repetitions of an alleged Forbes Magazine report of a £1.3 billion personal fortune.

In 2013 Forbes magazine actually stated that Mr Moshiri has a personal fortune of $2.8b, which is over £2 billion!!! Must be more now.

Media reports have also been repeating that he has a stake in Megafon, the Russia mobile giant.

While people are assuming that he does not have the funds to catapult us into the big time because he is 'only a billionaire' the truth is probably in my opinion quite the opposite in reality.

Usmanov is worth 15 billion or so and has a 48% stake in USM holdings. Moshiri is the Chairman of that board and owns himself a 10% stake.

Sorry I cannot paste links. Search for 'farhad moshiri' via google on forbes.com. And Megafon mobile.

Megafon must be making obscene amounts every year. Mr Moshiri is worth much more than a billion. Great, great news.

One of these in Stanley Park it is then, grab your hardhats lets go make a start on the footings...

allianz_stadium_germany_02.jpg

mosh was/ is a Man Utd fan that owned part of arsenal and now owns part of Everton.
A very, very good point although Moshiri very well could have followed Usmanov into purchasing the Arsenal shares.

Moshiri has just sold those Arsenal shares and purchased shares at another club where as Usmanov paid Moshiri for his stake and made comment on his long term vision. Usmanov could be far more passionate for Arsenal this Moshiri was. However if this was all a plan we should see Usmanov's shares linked with other investors in the coming months. Otherwise we'll just have to hope he says the freedom and abilities Moshiri has been a majority share holder and comes across.

Time will tell. (Which bloody sucks for us inpatient ones.)

I have been doing a little digging and we are only going by repetitions of an alleged Forbes Magazine report of a £1.3 billion personal fortune.

In 2013 Forbes magazine actually stated that Mr Moshiri has a personal fortune of $2.8b, which is over £2 billion!!! Must be more now.

Media reports have also been repeating that he has a stake in Megafon, the Russia mobile giant.

While people are assuming that he does not have the funds to catapult us into the big time because he is 'only a billionaire' the truth is probably in my opinion quite the opposite in reality.

Usmanov is worth 15 billion or so and has a 48% stake in USM holdings. Moshiri is the Chairman of that board and owns himself a 10% stake.

Sorry I cannot paste links. Search for 'farhad moshiri' via google on forbes.com. And Megafon mobile.

Megafon must be making obscene amounts every year. Mr Moshiri is worth much more than a billion. Great, great news.

I don't think he's going to sit there and throw buckets of cash around for us from his socks. But if he's got a good business head he can create revenue for us to do that ourselves. And grow Everton slowly to what we know we can be. And a few bids for messi etc oh I can dream aye lol

I always suspected that Bill would want a role in any new ownership, if not just to facilitate matters. The fact that he is selling up shows that he is clearly going to fully exit at some point, it just won't be the case that he will depart immediately. His influence will be far more limited and a serious investor will not allow the old-guard to stifle his plans.
No, maybe not. But in the short to medium term we have utter fannies running the day to day business of Everton and they should have been gone long ago.

lol

You assassinated him yesterday before the announcement and now less than 24 hours in you're wailing because he's not already spelled out the stadium solution via Anderson.

You're hilarious
...and still the substantive point stands: he's been negotiating for 12 months - we know this. In that time he has to surely have a detailed plan of where we go from here.

As said, once the Pl blessing comes his way he has to inform us in depth about what the future holds under his effective ownership.

Not unreasonable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back