Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I disagree mate. I think we can, as their strategy at Arsenal (given the chance) would have been to drive performance on the pitch and win pots, with that success driving everything else that related to brand value i.e. Sponsorship deals etc.

It's a world away from the prudent survival approach
They were telling fans what they wanted to hear. It's absolutely not something to form your opinion on.

One thing at at a time David.
I think where we are as a club in terms of commercial needs means that it's all got to revolve around stadium devlopment. You cant push this club commercially very far without that element to sell it. It has to be top of the list and urgently dealt with.

Either Anderson is giving nothing away or there is no change.

I wouldn't expect there to be. The fact that Joe Anderson was invited down to London to be up-dated on the ownership issue is encouraging in itself, I would say. I can't imagine that the situation with the stadium would not have been discussed, but it's not Joe Anderson's job - or in his interest - to then go blabbing about what he has been told. I can't believe that Moshiri has come into this without realising that the stadium is an issue for us. All will be revealed in the fullness of time, I guess.

I think where we are as a club in terms of commercial needs means that it's all got to revolve around stadium devlopment. You cant push this club commercially very far without that element to sell it. It has to be top of the list and urgently dealt with.

Either Anderson is giving nothing away or there is no change.

I'd be amazed if Moshiri hasn't spoken to Joe in some depth about the situation.

On the assumption those discussions have been civil then any statement on a new stadium is likely to be a joint one. Obviously I'm clueless on what happens next, but Moshiri's not going to have parted with cash without being pretty sure of what's going to happen on the stadium front.

Let him settle in first ffs
I'm hearing this a lot, but it confounds the info we have that this has been in place provisionally for 12 months. So, no, I dont feel the need to give this feller a lot of slack on making key announcements.

Once the PL ratify this deal then we should have an exhaustive account from him and the club concerning the plan he's got for us.

We're not Accrington Stanley, we are Everton and we deserve to be treated like the 4th most successful club in English history. Our fans have to be consulted about all this. Silence and just moving on to the summer with vague wish lists wont cut it, I'm afraid.

I don't think it's a case of no body wants, ask any Arsenal fan would take Usmanov over Kroenke.

With Usmanov owning 30% of shares and Kroenke owning 63% that leaves just 7% of minor share owners at the club so the only man that can give him a spot on the board and more power with in the club appears to dislike him.

If you were a filthy rich smaller Everton shareholder and wanted to buy a football club would you have no problems at all leaving Everton to make a different Premier League club the next powerhouse? I'd seriously struggle to.

Hence why I said boardroom. I know plenty arsenal fan who would love him on the board but the point remains, he has no control or say over arsenal.

I wouldn't be able to either but critically we are both Everton fans. What are these guys genuinely? There was a relevant point made on Sunday supplement today (top credit to Andy Dunn for ripping into Elstone and to an extent bill) that mosh was/ is a Man Utd fan that owned part of arsenal and now owns part of Everton.

I'd be amazed if Moshiri hasn't spoken to Joe in some depth about the situation.

On the assumption those discussions have been civil then any statement on a new stadium is likely to be a joint one. Obviously I'm clueless on what happens next, but Moshiri's not going to have parted with cash without being pretty sure of what's going to happen on the stadium front.
As said in a response above: once the PL ratify this then he has to clear his throat and come out with fully worked out plans for what he has in store for us. I'd be very disappointed and not a little suspicious if he doesn't.

The news that they remain is a huge dark cloud on yesterday's news.

I always suspected that Bill would want a role in any new ownership, if not just to facilitate matters. The fact that he is selling up shows that he is clearly going to fully exit at some point, it just won't be the case that he will depart immediately. His influence will be far more limited and a serious investor will not allow the old-guard to stifle his plans.

Well first and foremost he's a businessman who has money and knows how to make money. Depending on which figures are true he's paid £30 mill - £80 mill for his shares having received £200 mill for his 15% Arsenal shares. So Arsenal worth about £1.3 billion us £160 mill ish. We're not in London don't have our own stadium , poor commercial revenue comparatively etc but how much investment would it take to turn us into a say £700 mill club ? That's his incentive not an inherent love of Everton, and its whether he and other investors can do it by bringing in new investment, increasing commercial revenues etc and put us in the mix for winning trophies....... while retaining those aspects of Everton we all hold dear.

I'm hearing this a lot, but it confounds the info we have that this has been in place provisionally for 12 months. So, no, I dont feel the need to give this feller a lot of slack on making key announcements.

Once the PL ratify this deal then we should have an exhaustive account from him and the club concerning the plan he's got for us.

We're not Accrington Stanley, we are Everton and we deserve to be treated like the 4th most successful club in English history. Our fans have to be consulted about all this. Silence and just moving on to the summer with vague wish lists wont cut it, I'm afraid.
lol

You assassinated him yesterday before the announcement and now less than 24 hours in you're wailing because he's not already spelled out the stadium solution via Anderson.

You're hilarious

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back