Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Isnt that pretty much what the club said yesterday anyrate??
They talked about the promise of new investment, yet there was no signal of from where. Automatically people expected this to be Moshiri.

While this may still be the case as he'll hopefully invest some of his own money, it may also mean he'll bring in other parties with their cash.

The other 51.1% (or a large stake of it) may still be bought by himself or another party, although I think a lot of this is purely conjecture.

He knows how to say the right things, for sure. I'm not totally down on that letter, we just can't form a reliable opinion based solely upon it.
I disagree mate. I think we can, as their strategy at Arsenal (given the chance) would have been to drive performance on the pitch and win pots, with that success driving everything else that related to brand value i.e. Sponsorship deals etc.

It's a world away from the prudent survival approach

Maybe, but he is the person nobody wants at the arsenal party (boardroom). So his BFF goes to everton and somewhere down the line tells him not only is he invited but he'll be the guest of honour.....

The point is these guys like Usmanov / abramovich and mansoor don't buy football clubs because they ran around the street kicking a ball with a van basten strip on as a kid, but because they are egotistical
I don't think it's a case of no body wants, ask any Arsenal fan would take Usmanov over Kroenke.

With Usmanov owning 30% of shares and Kroenke owning 63% that leaves just 7% of minor share owners at the club so the only man that can give him a spot on the board and more power with in the club appears to dislike him.

If you were a filthy rich smaller Everton shareholder and wanted to buy a football club would you have no problems at all leaving Everton to make a different Premier League club the next powerhouse? I'd seriously struggle to.

It's unlikely and we'll know for sure hopefully once the deal is ratified. One things for sure is that he'll have to keep them sweet. His 49.9% is like a minority government, he needs other peoples consensus to implement his policies.

Kenwright & Woods own less than 19% combined. He really doesn't have to keep them sweet. As long as he had some of the many minor minority shareholders on his side, he could easily oust. At the moment he's mates with them and wants to work with Kenwright etc. He's saying all the right things and making all the right noises. That doesn't mean that he couldn't make a play to own more than 50% if he wanted to.
Based on Everton's current share price of £1750 a share, it would cost him an extra £350,000 to buy the extra 0.2% needed to have more than 50%.

And good to read Bill is looking better ;)
No one wishes il health on another, so yes, good news for him.

I'd much rather he and Woods and Elstone and everyone else intimately involved with the failed regime he presided over were gone from the club though.

The news that they remain is a huge dark cloud on yesterday's news.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back