Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
People also need to realise he is literally the most powerful man at the club now.

Not just because of him being the 'owner' (he basically is) the fact he is much richer and will most certainly be a better businessman and have better business contacts than anyone at the club.

He's also a former accountant, this fella will know how to get rid of debts, how to secure better loan deals for us and even owns some steel companies (could possibly come into play with regards to stadium, but that's guesswork)

he still has other companies that he owns which will be making him a lot of money as well.

Over the years I have been just as annoyed with Kenwright and his cronies as the next person, but I can't help but be over the moon with this. Despite his clear failings as chairman of the club, Bill has shown to still have the ultimate interests of the club at heart, even if he does want to make money out of it. Which businessman doesn't?

Those saying it's not really a change need to think again. A ruthless billionaire who has made their fortune from scratch, taking circa 50% of the club, dwarfing any other stakeholder's shares, not having the main say is ridiculous. For me, this move is just the start in what will likely be a longer term, gradual takeover. First things first will be discussions with potential stadium partners/ planners, investment in first team, clearing debt and other commercial duties. Once that's done, I'm sure more investment will follow. He hasn't spent £200m on 49.9% of the club to be an onlooker ala Robert Earl, and all signs suggest the spare change he has from his sale of his Arsenal shares, will be used on the stuff I've mentioned.

Woods and Kenwright are just there to oversee transition in my eyes, and despite all the ire I've had for him over the years, I'm more than happy to have that 'comfort blanket' in place while the first changes are made.

That's all my opinion though, and like 99.9% of us, in reality, I know naff all.

Sums it up for me, great post.

BK 's time at head of table has in black and white coincided with an upturn in fortunes for the club. The only thing he couldn't due was pull off a stadium deal, so hopefully this fella can use the glut of TV cash and his own acumen / contacts to get that done.

Personally, I think The TV money is making that doubly important with Spurs and West Ham also moving into vast stadiums shortly, and the big 4, Liverpool and Newcastle all sorted, too.

People also need to realise he is literally the most powerful man at the club now.

Not just because of him being the 'owner' (he basically is) the fact he is much richer and will most certainly be a better businessman and have better business contacts than anyone at the club.

He's also a former accountant, this fella will know how to get rid of debts, how to secure better loan deals for us and even owns some steel companies (could possibly come into play with regards to stadium, but that's guesswork)

he still has other companies that he owns which will be making him a lot of money as well.

Nail on the head.

You don't get anywhere with Deloitte without knowing the score financially.

I hoping he can use his contacts to secure us better deals and he brings in a better commercial team to sort us from under terrible deals i.e Chang and Kitbag. Time to move out from near the bottom of the Premier League commercial league table*

*Designed by RAWK

Thats my 1 concern, he has many fingers in many pies, hes not really hands on in any of them.

My concern is that he allows that utter mouth breather Elstone to continue running the club into the ground.
to be honest mate, if he was the americans i'd say they possibly would let elstone continue as is.

But this guy is a billionaire on his own right mate, you don't get there by doing halves.

Fully believe anyone who he thinks isn't up to the job will be replaced with someone he thinks is the best for that job.

He seems ambitions judging by his past involvement with arsenal, probably got fed up and wanted us as his new main project.

i don't think he'll suffer under-achieving for long.

Nail on the head.

You don't get anywhere with Deloitte without knowing the score financially.

I hoping he can use his contacts to secure us better deals and he brings in a better commercial team to sort us from under terrible deals i.e Chang and Kitbag. Time to move out from near the bottom of the Premier League commercial league table*

*Designed by RAWK
i would suspect he has looked at the commercial failures in regards to other teams already, and will probably be working on that as soon as the PL approve him.

My concern is that he allows that utter mouth breather Elstone to continue running the club into the ground.

He's got nigh on 90 million reasons to make sure his staff are pulling their weight. I think Elstone's pretty hopeless, but to a certain extent he's been doing what his bosses told him to do, but he has a new boss now. He'll either pull his socks up or empty his drawers.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back