Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
No, I believe that any bid we made was with the intention to recoup that money through sales. The fact we got Bolasie over the line immediately after the sale of Stones, and the subsequent failure to bring in anyone except to try and buy someone on installments in Sissoko, proves that we are, at this point, a sell to buy club.

Because we sold Stones?????????????? So why did we not let Lukaku go? or McCarthy? As for Sissoko would you really have wanted this idiot in. Look at the Toon comments on him FFS.

Neither. I think we intended to bring in two for whatever fee we could have got for James McCarthy.

But we'll never know for sure. What we do know for sure is that entire window was conclusively sell to buy. It's in the history books.

That was the result, no doubt.

Time will tell if it was by design.

Neither. I think we intended to bring in two for whatever fee we could have got for James McCarthy.

But we'll never know for sure. What we do know for sure is that entire window was conclusively sell to buy. It's in the history books.
Crikey, what were we expecting to get for that Crab?

Because we sold Stones?????????????? So why did we not let Lukaku go? or McCarthy? As for Sissoko would you really have wanted this idiot in. Look at the Toon comments on him FFS.

I didn't want Sissoko in - I celebrated when Spurs bid and was devastated when we were linked with him. Check the transfer thread if you want.

I don't want us to spend big money for no reason, but I expect us to spend properly under Moshiri to bolster the squad, not sell assets and re-use the money, because Kenwright was great at that - and it was irritating to be limited to such a business model; owned by a man not capable or willing to invest in the club.

The reason we didn't let Lukaku go is because you have to stay in the league at the end of the day - you can't just asset strip everything bare in one go. But if Moshiri is the fraud he could be, expect to see Lukaku and Barkley sold in subsequent windows to pay for incomings, whilst the TV money is squirreled away. Not saying that will happen, but it could, every bit as much as the possibility exists we spend £100m in January.

We didn't sell McCarthy because he was injured. That's it. I have no doubt in my mind he would have been gone and incomings would have been made to up the net spend to zero off the back of it.

My point with Sissoko is that we only appeared to be interested based on paying in £6m installments while declaring it as a £30m buy. Gabbiadini and Brahimi fell by the wayside, and I'm prepared to guess it's because we tried to do the same with the payment for them.

It is undeniable at this point that we could only buy Bolasie once we sold Stones. The timing and overall window before and after that is just to pat to be anything other.

Hahaha

Moshiri the world's first incompetent self made Billionaire.

That has nothing to do with making money. I'm suggested he didn't want to invest his money in the club.

I'm obviously not debating he can make money and has wealth. I'm sceptical over whether he plans to give us access to his wealth. They are two entirely unrelated things.

So we are still ignoring the fact we had bids for gabbiadini, Witsel and the striker that went to arsenal accepted?

Bids aren't signings. Anyone can bid for anyone, they mean nothing until they sign the dotted line.

As I said before the window shut, MK Dons could bid £500m for Messi if they wanted to.

I feel like the transfer deadline day has completely masked the good business we did earlier in the window. In my opinion, our squad is stronger now than it was when the window first opened. I understand the frustration in not spending big on a couple of big names, but that doesn't mean it's been a disaster/embarrassment/made us a laughing stock, amongst other ways I've seen it described.

That has nothing to do with making money. I'm suggested he didn't want to invest his money in the club.

I'm obviously not debating he can make money and has wealth. I'm sceptical over whether he plans to give us access to his wealth. They are two entirely unrelated things.
I think you're judging him too early.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back