Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I didn't want Sissoko in - I celebrated when Spurs bid and was devastated when we were linked with him. Check the transfer thread if you want.

I don't want us to spend big money for no reason, but I expect us to spend properly under Moshiri to bolster the squad, not sell assets and re-use the money, because Kenwright was great at that - and it was irritating to be limited to such a business model; owned by a man not capable or willing to invest in the club.

The reason we didn't let Lukaku go is because you have to stay in the league at the end of the day - you can't just asset strip everything bare in one go. But if Moshiri is the fraud he could be, expect to see Lukaku and Barkley sold in subsequent windows to pay for incomings, whilst the TV money is squirreled away. Not saying that will happen, but it could, every bit as much as the possibility exists we spend £100m in January.

We didn't sell McCarthy because he was injured. That's it. I have no doubt in my mind he would have been gone and incomings would have been made to up the net spend to zero off the back of it.

My point with Sissoko is that we only appeared to be interested based on paying in £6m installments while declaring it as a £30m buy. Gabbiadini and Brahimi fell by the wayside, and I'm prepared to guess it's because we tried to do the same with the payment for them.

It is undeniable at this point that we could only buy Bolasie once we sold Stones. The timing and overall window before and after that is just to pat to be anything other.

Which assets did we sell?

Yeah, its unfair to expect us to sign the players we wanted in the 3 months prior to the window closing.

Silly me.
Do you think it was just Everton frustrated in this market?

If we had of got Sissoko (I know if, buts and maybes) we'd of been 6th in the all important net spend table.

Do you think it was just Everton frustrated in this market?

If we had of got Sissoko (I know if, buts and maybes) we'd of been 6th in the all important net spend table.

I personally give zero Fs about net spend.

I wanted us to sign the players the manager wanted and get rid of the players the manager didnt want, if that meant we sold Ross, Rom and Stones and bought 12 players from League One, if thats what the manager wanted, thats what I wanted.

Our manager wasnt backed properly, that concerns me.

The Board was split on sacking Martinez, he still had his supporters no matter what had happened in the closing months of the season, and Moshiri had to fight really hard to push ahead with the sacking.
He shouldn't have had to "fight hard to push ahead with the sacking" if what we've been told on here is correct.

Apparently, Kenwright et all have no influence whatsoever on those kind of decisions anymore.

I personally give zero Fs about net spend.

I wanted us to sign the players the manager wanted and get rid of the players the manager didnt want, if that meant we sold Ross, Rom and Stones and bought 12 players from League One, if thats what the manager wanted, thats what I wanted.

Our manager wasnt backed properly, that concerns me.
Are you friends with that WRD lad?

Bids aren't signings. Anyone can bid for anyone, they mean nothing until they sign the dotted line.

As I said before the window shut, MK Dons could bid £500m for Messi if they wanted to.
True enough, i can't absolutely guarantee funds are available.. just going with my best guess on evidence available, I won't mention koeman/Walsh again as I don't wanna risk another davek comparison!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back