Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

Fair enough if that's you saying he was lied to, because just 2-3 months ago on TEF he was incredibly bullish about Moshiri, his wealth, plans and drive for the club.

You are trying to twist my words Ian.

I spent all summer believing the hype, I spent all summer believing things would be different, but the reality is, things are the same as they always were.

Things need to change in order for "nothing to be the same", which is only an advertising slogan, but its something our whole summer seems to have been based on. An illusion that things would change, to quote Pac, I see no changes.

I feel like the transfer deadline day has completely masked the good business we did earlier in the window. In my opinion, our squad is stronger now than it was when the window first opened. I understand the frustration in not spending big on a couple of big names, but that doesn't mean it's been a disaster/embarrassment/made us a laughing stock, amongst other ways I've seen it described.
Stronger than it might have been in that lukaku stayed. Moshiri tho has 4 weeks in january to make lukaku decide his long term future. He s not gonna stay based on some stadium announcement.

You are trying to twist my words Ian.

I spent all summer believing the hype, I spent all summer believing things would be different, but the reality is, things are the same as they always were.

Things need to change in order for "nothing to be the same", which is only an advertising slogan, but its something our whole summer seems to have been based on. An illusion that things would change, to quote Pac, I see no changes.
I'm doing no such thing.

I notice you didnt answer Tubey before, maybe you will answer me.

You seem to be very pro-Moshiri, what are you basing this positivity on?
My positivity if that's what you call it is based on his first 6 months.

When all said and done we are a striker away from having a very good summer window, I believe we were in for two (Gabbiadini and Perez) we lost out to Arsenal on one and lost out on Napoli not finding a replacement on the other.

Other than that in 6 months he's made more positive changes than Kenwright had done in years.

So for that he gets until this time next season from me, I'm not expecting much in January as its a awful window to succeed in.

My positivity if that's what you call it is based on his first 6 months.

When all said and done we are a striker away from having a very good summer window, I believe we were in for two (Gabbiadini and Perez) we lost out to Arsenal on one and lost out on Napoli not finding a replacement on the other.

Other than that in 6 months he's made more positive changes than Kenwright had done in years.

So for that he gets until this time next season from me, I'm not expecting much in January as its a awful window to succeed in.

Our league position in January will drive our Winter window spending.

You see, I do believe we bid for all the players mentioned, Witsel, Koubs, Carvalho, Perez, Kone, Hart, Gabbi to name a few, I dont think we didnt spend cos the money wasnt there, we didnt spend cos we played the window like a bunch of complete clowns. Thats the most worrying aspect of it all for me and it was a concern I mentioned at some point.

The appointment of Walsh calmed some of my fears, but I did hear a very troubling rumour, which I sadly wont be sharing cos I dont break trust, sorry for that.

But we went in hard for "top" tier talent, got jogged on and our heads actually went, we never recovered, we basically got given the run around by Agents and other clubs, we even managed to get schooled by David freaking Moyes.

So im left with 2 choices, incompetence or downright deception, im praying it was incompetence.

At this point I must say, im not anti-Moshiri, I dont think hes a total fraud, I just think hes made a few errors, if hes everything I hoped he was, he can rectify it all. Im a patient man, I watched us win our last trophy, im willing to give the man time to "get it right", but if this was football, he would have just scored an own goal in the 5th minute, plenty of time left for him to redeem himself.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back